5.4 Short tube or long tube headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bnewell101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for headers and want to know what some of you have and your preferences?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had LT's on my 2010 5.4L I loved the sound. I traded it in for a 2012 last June and I will not put LT's on this one. I am going to built me a set of shortys next year since no one wants to make them... Main reason for not wanting LT's is you will not get your money back when you sell since you need to tune out the O2 sensors. Ya the LT's will give some more HP but for me its not a big deal.

OP
OP
Bnewell101

Bnewell101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get your LTs from? So far the only ones if found are from stainless works but there pretty high on the price chart

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I would do long tubes. There are Pacesetter headers with off road y pipes for around $500. a little more if you want ceramic coated vs black.

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do long tubes. There are Pacesetter headers with off road y pipes for around $500. a little more if you want ceramic coated vs black.

i believe those are mild steel. i wouldn't put mild steel on a 50k truck