Share your custom exhaust setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desert Storm

Reaction score
I'm looking for a custom exhaust system. Needs to be louder than stock and super aggressive, but hopefully with limited drone. Deep and raspy please.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I've gone through a few custom setups until I found one that I was happy with for a DD. At least until headers are installed anyway...

I did a magnaflow 6"x14" round body (3" si/so), dumped before rear axle, and removed the factory resonator.

Nice growl on startup (but not enough to wake neighbors every morning), nearly zero drone IMO, can still talk to people on phone and in vehicle without raising voice, but give her some throttle, and people 2 blocks away will stare at you.

Napp E Roots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had borla s type, that sounds nice but not loud like I look tried roush but had a drone at 2500k went straight piped with turndown before the axle. Deep rumble loud and idle sounds nice I love it that way

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Search for the Deeds Deeds exhaust system. Super strong. Stainless available. Great sound. Free shipping through the end of the month. Let me know what you think.

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been meaning to get video/audio of mine and if the rain lets up enough tomorrow in Southeast Texas area, I'll post some.

1 3/4 stainless American Racing headers w/ hi-flow cats
Corsa Xtreme catback stainless exhaust
K&N CAI

I must say I LOVE this set up! When I start the truck cold, it screams to life with the sound of pushing air. It almost sounds like some of the straight pipe turbo diesels I've owned. Once the idle RPMs drop down, it burbles (is that even a word?) like a typical big V8. The same can be said for the system while driving. It is just loud enough under typical use, no drone whatsoever, but put your foot all the way in it and it will make children cry. I'm not joking at all here. I actually made my friend's son cry. I love having scary loud exhaust "on demand'. I've had several people ask how it is even street legal. But again, when I am not getting on it, it fades away somewhat like any typical truck exhaust but without the drone.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Borla s-type factory resonator, been on the Raptor 1 yr (15k mi), gets better with age, 985,000 miles til warranty expires.

Reaction score
I've got a supercharged 5.4 raptor and cracked the stock exhaust manifold, so I went with Kooks long tube headers and a y pipe with a remote dump and a stock muffler so it's still drivable for long distances. When the dump is open... it's the official ambassador to mullet America.