S Works lightning style too loud for dd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdavis

Reaction score
Hey guys I want to order the stainless works lightning exit system but I'm just wondering how it sounds at highway speeds. Mainly if the drone is too excessive for hands free, I have a 30mile drive to work all highway. Everything I have searched has been Lt headers installed n performance connect. Truck has cai n will be getting the factory connection.

Thanks

2004boss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the lt no cats and performance connect. Idk if the pc is louder or not but the hands free works fine. The problem is with passengers. If their window is down it is pretty bad for them when accelerating.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tdavis

Tdavis

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies it sounds good n not bad on the highway

Attachments

• IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 351

SHAI HULUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Lightning style w/ LT Headers, cats and performance connect also. Hands free works just fine but it did have a head rattling drone between 1200 and 2000 rpm for about the first 7000 miles. Somehow the system has "settled" in a bit and is not too bad now that I have about 10000 miles on it. I don't get to drive on the highway much but it does seem to get better once everything is settled in at highway speeds and in 6th gear. I do have one suggestion for you should you choose to accept it. I also have the blackout thermal ceramic coating on the tips just like yours and the leading edge of mine is getting beat to hell from road debris, etc. If I had to do it all over again, I would have some sort of a mid-flap installed beneath the right running board and ahead of the tips so as to protect them from chipping. As it is right now, I'm going to have to have mine re-coated soon as they are beginning to look terrible. The picture shown is an old picture but you can already see some of the rock chips developing.

Attachments

• DSCN0462.jpg
    DSCN0462.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 146

ziechman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be prepared to anger your neighbors if u live near any! The exhaust is extremely loud during startup and for the first 30 seconds or so until high idle drops. Especially during the colder months of the year. Once the truck is warmed up its not too bad. And yes the hands free works well if windows are sealed. Be ready to not be able to talk with any rear passengers though also. The rear cab noise is louder than the front. Running SW LT,cats w/ performance connect for about 9,000 miles

moosejaw

Reaction score
I was concerened too but andy at gotexhaust told me i could always put a cat on it if it ever got too loud. I love mine

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 70000 miles on my SW complete dual set up, yes start up is loud, other than that it is fine, friends can tell when I'm in my raptor though as they can hear the sound but it's just a rumble and does not affect the conversation over the sync in the least.