Roush too loud (yes i know, I'm totally lame). Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jchayden

Reaction score
After 2 months of having Roush system installed on my '14, I'm over it. Love the sound but its a bit too loud for me. Any tips on just swapping out the muffler portion for something with decent sound but quieter that's not going to cost as much as redoing the whole system?

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resonators will tone down the sound of your exhaust. If you need a new muffler, Magnaflow is not too loud.

OP
OP
J

jchayden

Reaction score
I do not have the resonator. Should I put one on then go from there on if I want to change the muffler itself? I do like the sound of the roush, its just too loud for my daily purposes. What's the best way to find a stock resonator? Thanks

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not have the resonator. Should I put one on then go from there on if I want to change the muffler itself? I do like the sound of the roush, its just too loud for my daily purposes. What's the best way to find a stock resonator? Thanks

Putting the stock resonator back on with definitely quite it down some. I would try that first before going through changing out the muffler. Im sure there are a few members on here with a stock resonator they'd be willing to sell. Where are you located?