Roush Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlakeEatmon

Reaction score
Just got my Roush Raptor last Friday. I am not happy. Exhaust was a little loud for my taste, not the end of the world. But when I mash the gas, the rumble of the exhaust is overshadowed by the hissing and compressed can of air sound coming out of the tailpipe. It is terrible. I went to the muffler shop today and added a factory resonator. Exhaust had a perfect sound until I hit the gas. The hissing air sound was still there with no change. The muffler shop recommended cutting off the twin tip and going to a single pipe. He thought that the restriction of the twin tip was causing the awful compressed air can sound. I gave him the ok and voila,the hiss was completely gone. Only problem is now it seems like its lost some power. Sounds great but now seems slower. WTF? Loss of pressure? Need retuning? I'm not sure where to go from here. Thinking of going with a borla cat back. Can't believe Roush let's these trucks leave their shop sounding like this. JUNK! Thoughts anyone?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any annoying drone with the Roush, before or after the Resonator was installed?

OP
OP
B

BlakeEatmon

Reaction score
I cut one of the tips off of the Roush exhaust and used it. I also had it routed out to the side instead of the back of the truck. Yes on the drone. It was aweful. The Roush exhaust is garbage!

BKwizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut one of the tips off of the Roush exhaust and used it. I also had it routed out to the side instead of the back of the truck. Yes on the drone. It was aweful. The Roush exhaust is garbage!

Shoot I almost pulled the trigger on the Roush since it was such a good price.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hope you get her fixed

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I have heard others complain about the Roush and Drone that is why I asked.
I think Borla makes the Roush muffler but mot 100% on that. When I was shopping for a muffler Borla discouraged me from using any of there aggressive sounding mufflers because they said it would have a terrible drone.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
why didn't you just buy a roush sticker to put on your truck haha. every thing is tested and designed for power. if you don't want the power buy a prius there nice and quiet.