roush exhasut with stock resonator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my used roush system today, but I had to used my resonator for the mid pipe. Its sounds pretty good this way. How much sound does that resonator take way? Hoping Maybe somebody local has the full system with out the resonator that I can hear one of these days. Near Hampton VA.

Also have any of you guys had any success selling the stock unit to regular F150 guys? Or even a raptor owner that wants to go back to stock? What's a reasonable price?

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started the other route and decided to weld back in the stock resonator. without it, the roush didn't drone inside the cabin at a bad resonance, but it was simply louder than I really wanted day in and day out. I think the tone was about the same either way, just a volume thing. my suggestion is to give it a little while and see if the sound evolves any, and then subtract it if you still need more volume. fwiw, 3 other roush exhaust owners in Tulsa have heard mine, and they all wished they had left the resonator in, but they didn't have it any more to reinstall.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my used roush system today, but I had to used my resonator for the mid pipe. Its sounds pretty good this way. How much sound does that resonator take way? Hoping Maybe somebody local has the full system with out the resonator that I can hear one of these days. Near Hampton VA.

Also have any of you guys had any success selling the stock unit to regular F150 guys? Or even a raptor owner that wants to go back to stock? What's a reasonable price?

really loud, with drone!

had the ford racing dual system put in touring version(w/resonator). thought i wanted to hear it rip more so i jumped through hoops to have a resonator delete made. the sound was sweet but at cruising speeds any throttle input drove me insane inside the cabin......maybe if i didnt have young kids there wouldve been the slightest chance i left it out....but it was noticeably louder drone. on power they sounded almost identical

Last edited: