resonator or no resonator on roush catback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PurpleHayes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already have and received a new roush catback. But starting to wander about the drone possibility. Is it better to take off the resonator or leave it on? I need quick replies. doing this weekend!!!!!!!!!:hunter:

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i say no, i even put a cut out in place of the resonator. i have no idea where people are saying they get drone. i just drove for 45 minutes and i turned the radio down way low to look for this drone. hitting speeds of 45 and 90 and everything in between and didnt get one bit of drone.

i do also have a Screw, if it somehow differs from a scab or not. the Roush is aggressive sounding, and yes you will hear it, cruising speed isnt very loud tho, audible, but not loud. im thinking the ones complaining about the Roush, is its just too aggressive for them.

OP
OP
P

PurpleHayes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i say no, i even put a cut out in place of the resonator. i have no idea where people are saying they get drone. i just drove for 45 minutes and i turned the radio down way low to look for this drone. hitting speeds of 45 and 90 and everything in between and didnt get one bit of drone.

i do also have a Screw, if it somehow differs from a scab or not. the Roush is aggressive sounding, and yes you will hear it, cruising speed isnt very loud tho, audible, but not loud. im thinking the ones complaining about the Roush, is its just too aggressive for them.

I like what you say, I just traded in FX4 Roush and I loved the way it sounded. IT HAD BIG BALLS.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I welded my resonator back in line with my roush. Without, it did sound great, but it really was a touch loud around town. There was some drone, but peopes opinion of what really is drone seems to differ. With the resonator, still very aggressive, just toned down with regards (mostly) to volume.

OP
OP
P

PurpleHayes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I welded my resonator back in line with my roush. Without, it did sound great, but it really was a touch loud around town. There was some drone, but peopes opinion of what really is drone seems to differ. With the resonator, still very aggressive, just toned down with regards (mostly) to volume.

Gottacha, the more feed back I get is the better I'll feel. but i'm kind of thinking like you leave resonator on. The cai already added some deep sounds plus some unreal performance.