Resonator flange end source?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to just purchase a correct flange end so that I can weld it to a piece of straight pipe and bolt it in place of the resonator. I don't want to cut my factory res up in case I want to put it back. And honestly, the corsa piece is ridiculously priced for what it is. It should be a $25 item, or maybe $50 since it's stainless. If anyone has a source or specifics about the flange let me know. Thanks,
JAY

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to just purchase a correct flange end so that I can weld it to a piece of straight pipe and bolt it in place of the resonator. I don't want to cut my factory res up in case I want to put it back. And honestly, the corsa piece is ridiculously priced for what it is. It should be a $25 item, or maybe $50 since it's stainless. If anyone has a source or specifics about the flange let me know. Thanks,
JAY

I just had my muffler guy cut the resonator pipe right after the flange, and weld the straight pipe between where a cat back exhaust would connect with that clamp and the front flange where it bolts up to the Y pipe and the cats. know what i mean? Basically, the only thing the muffler guy cut out was
pipe-resonator-pipe...all the stock connections were retained.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JAY

here you go, 3"

Flowmaster Mufflers Accessories and Exhaust Tips Flange Kit

MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust

Exhaust Hardware & Accessories - Ball & Cone Adaptors & Connections - SpinTech Performance Mufflers

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prybar

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my muffler guy cut the resonator pipe right after the flange, and weld the straight pipe between where a cat back exhaust would connect with that clamp and the front flange where it bolts up to the Y pipe and the cats. know what i mean? Basically, the only thing the muffler guy cut out was
pipe-resonator-pipe...all the stock connections were retained.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

Yes, totally get that, I just don't want to cut my Resonator up so I can re-install it later if I want to without welding it back together.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Is it that simple? I thought I had read somewhere that the factory Ford connections were slightly different than the common, universal ball connections. I hadn't pulled my resonator to confirm though.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Any exhaust shop can fix you up.

I was going to take the Res down to one and see if they had a flange/coupler that matched that they would sell me but I thought I would see if there was an easy, mail
order solution first.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh...I gotcha @Prybar. Seems like its as simple as @J DAMAGE just laid out for you.

I would bet once you remove the resonator, you won't want to go back, but I see your point. Seems like a good way to avoid the **** of the Corsa resonator delete pipe.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, totally get that, I just don't want to cut my Resonator up so I can re-install it later if I want to without welding it back together.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Is it that simple? I thought I had read somewhere that the factory Ford connections were slightly different than the common, universal ball connections. I hadn't pulled my resonator to confirm though.

You could be correct, if its different, then it will be 3 1/2, then that would be a challenge, the only people that can comfirm would be people who paid the crazy price of the corsa res delete pipe, or @GotExhaust.com, I will have to measure tomorrow.

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can make one for ya:)

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

760-877-4234

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dirty, I'll PM you.

PM received:)

Here's the flange:
15957601513_5818532403.jpgUntitled by bamufflers, on Flickr

16391882637_6228a0b2da.jpgUntitled by bamufflers, on Flickr

I make the 'ball' in my lathe. And I have the 2 hole cut on a water jet.

I'll weld the 'ball' to a piece of 3" tubing and weld the 2 hole flange to that. You will simply bolt the whole assembly to the 'socket' side and that would give you a 'nipple' to hang/build the rest of the system from.

Keith 760-877-4234