Is a Resonator delete pipe any different that a straight pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed lately that people are buying resonator delete pipes like the one made from Corsa. When I had my muffler shop take out my resonator, they simply cut out my resonator and replaced it with a simple piece of 3 inch pipe and welded it in. They charged me $20. These Corsa delete pipes are $200?!?!

Is there anything special about these "resonator delete pipes"?

From what I can tell they are just a straight forward piece of 3 inch pipe. Anyone know if there is anything different to these delete pipes?

Edit: Sorry about the typo in the title...meant to say different THAN a straight pipe...not different that. The site won't let me edit the title. I promise I'm not a complete moron, maybe just a little bit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question...I'm curious to know that as well.

Seems like either no one knows or no one cares! haha.

Im pretty sure that there is no real difference. I guess the delete pipe has the bracket to attach to the stock pipes by the cats, but my exhaust guy just cut right after where it bolts up by the cats and left the stock bracket and just welded the pipe after that connection.

So I don't see a reason to pay $200 for a $20 job...unless anyone else has a reason why the Corsa resonator delete pipe is better?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the big deal with the corsa delete pipe is the fact that it is bolt in, where a shop will weld it in.

OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh...so for do it yourself guys that just want to bolt and bracket everything in?

That makes some sense

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea when ford stopped selling the straight section the prices sky rocketed, its just a way for them to make some money i guess.

Ricky B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bolt on, cleaner look, easier to reinstall resonator if needed, and it's 304 stainless. When I sold my 2011, I agreed to put stock exhaust back on. I did the welded delete pipe and had a he'll of a time getting everything back in position. My 2014... I paid the money for the bolt on.

OP
OP
LekRap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good points @Ricky B ...I can see what your saying with reinstall if needed and the stainless. I still think I would do the welded delete pipe, but your points make me see the other side. Thanks for the insight!

Thank you too @Bulletnjm for the help

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it due to the fact I wanted something that didn't rust and I could put the stock resonator back on if I went a different route with a 'resonator back' exhaust.

SVTanthony

Reaction score
I had bought the Ford delete pipe, but i didn't realize at that time the difference in the pipe diameter. I have a Ford delete pipe for a non-raptor if anyone wants it!