Quietest No Drone Exhaust W/ LTs & High Flows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

decoste77

Reaction score
Does any one have any suggestions for a quiet drone free set up, I have 1 7/8'' Kooks long tubes with green cats also super charged. I currently retained the stock resonator and installed a 34'' Borla 3''in/3''out multi core pre runner muffler. Sound is ok more like having a giant turbo muffler and drones pretty bad around 1500-2000rpms. I've been looking at the ford racing/ Borla touring set up was just wondering how loud it would be and if there was any drone?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would suggest the Corsa Sport with this setup. It will give you that throaty rumble at idle and roar at WOT but minimal to no drone at cruising speed.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run SW long tube headers with cats. I tried the SW dual exhaust and a custom exhaust from MRT. Both had drone

I recently switched to the Corsa sport (bought from freedom motor sports) and it has no drone. Zero. The posts about Corsa being drone free are true.

I love the set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

OP
OP
D

decoste77

Reaction score
I use this truck for hunting so I don't want it to be to loud but when your driving from state to state I don't want to hear that annoying drone. and when driving on the ranch don't want it to be to loud basically same as stock but a touch more aggressive sounding when I want it to be. I was thinking about the Borla resonator with Corsa exhaust minus there tip I prefer single tip.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Corsa will give you no drone, but is loud. I've run it in the past and it was awesome in the cab and phenomenal on the outside. But, for me the loud aggressive exhaust got old quick so I now have a custom dumped setup, still no drone and very stealth event with the SW headers...

EFD_5924

Banned
Reaction score
Corsa is an overpriced exhaust. Friend of mine that I went to college with works there and he said nothing good about the product. I have worked with Stainless Works before and they make an excellent product.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Corsa is an overpriced exhaust. Friend of mine that I went to college with works there and he said nothing good about the product. I have worked with Stainless Works before and they make an excellent product.

He just asked for something quiet and with no drone...neither of which is an SW thing, especially with headers...

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

@BearLeeAsian @Jimbo @lka

Can't dodge this guy can we?

EFD_5924

Banned
Reaction score
Depends how it is installed. My SW cat back has zero drone. Corsa is definitely the K-Mart of exhaust systems and they prey upon folks that buy expensive vehicles. Corsa is way too expensive compared to the other options. I have a lot of ties to Corsa through various people i know and they soured my opinion of Corsa.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter