Price $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Apw2199

Apw2199

Reaction score
Yes I have to pay for half the truck I paid the down payment which was 9,000 now I got no money left haha still gotta pay 13,000 off over the next 3 years but I'm working every day after school

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to put a cutout in my 2012 raptor... How much am I going to have to spend???

There are 2 options for cutout. I think you are referring to the electric cutout that you can control from a power switch while sitting in your truck. The parts for that will cost a couple hundred bucks plus the install (unless your comfortable wiring it up to the battery and all the install yourself). I looked into these and unfortunelty have heard that they all seem to break very quickly...especially if you off road the truck much. I guess all the dirt kicked up really f's up the mechanical parts that open and close the cutout.

There's also the option to do a simple y-pipe and "manual" cutout. You can find the cutout pipe on places like Summitracing.com for around $30-50. These have a cap on them with 3 screws. It's the same thing as doing the electric deal, just that you have to take the 3 screws off instead of having the covienance and fun of sitting in your truck and say opening it up at a stop light.

I haven't done it yet, put I'm pretty sure I will do option 2 with the "manual" cutout because all I've heard is how frustrated people get when the electric cutout craps out after only a few months.

Hope that helps and enjoy your raptor at 15! Wow! You are a lucky kid! Have fun but be safe...I could only imagine the trouble I'd get into with this truck at 16! Damn...have fun but don't kill yourself! Haha

OP
OP
Apw2199

Apw2199

Reaction score
Haha thanks for the insight I'll try not too… my brother has a 2012 ram with a 9 inch lift sitting on 38s and he has an electric cut out and has had
It for 3 years still works fine but he doesn't off road with it... May just go with the manual option

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Ya Massachusetts isn't very light on the taxes either :mad: