6.2 Pictures of Kooks Coated in Airborn 1700 Silver Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marylandspeed

Banned
Reaction score
We did this pictures on a Camaro header setup, but it shows the Airborn 1700 coating we do for free if you call us @ 443-730-9428!

Two of the most common questions we hear are "Why should I buy a premium header", and "What does coated headers look like". With these pictures, we hope to answer both questions!

In this photoset, we have Kooks PT# 6511, which is a 1 7/8" header. The first header is coated Airborn 1700 Silver Jet Coating. The other is not coated at all. We also include pictures of the mid pipes, and high flow cats.
Unboxing...lots of packing material-
IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1795.JPG

Finally some headers....

IMG_1796.JPG

These headers are coated by Airborn Coatings in their 1700 Degree Silver Jet Coat coating. This coating is done inside and out with the outside polished to a high finish. The coating comes with a 3 year warranty. After 3 years, they recoat them for half price.

IMG_1800.JPG

They coat all the way inside. Note the (Kooks patented) merge spike and ball and socket collector!

IMG_1804.JPG

General picture-

IMG_1805.JPG

These are likely the smoothest exhaust ports in the industry! Many manufacturers do not grind their ports to this level, or use oversize ports to get around doing it.

IMG_1807.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

More pictures of the merge collector and ball and socket connection. Apart from the OEM catback connection, Kooks is a clampless system!-

IMG_1809.JPG

Some more general pictures. Note each primary is one peice of tube. Kooks uses advanced CNC benders to avoid having to weld primaries togethor out of multiple pipes.

IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

Now here is the plain stainless, uncoated version of these headers. Uncoated Stainless will not rust, but it will turn bronze. All Kooks stainless products come "mill finish"-

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1815.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

Side by Side pics with catted and off road connection pipes-

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1830.JPG

IMG_1831.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

Kooks High flow Catted mid pipes. They are VERY high flow...enough so you can see light through them!

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

Catted and Off Road Mid Pipes Side by side. Unlike some brands, Kooks mid pipes do have rear O2 sensor bungs so you can retain ALL of your factory O2 sensors. They are on the off road mid pipes also, the pipe is just turned in a way that hides them.

IMG_1843.JPG

Lastly, the hardware kit with bolts, gaskets, and O2 extensions. Everything needed to complete the install!

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you suggest coating the y-pipe on the raptor as well, specifically the catless "offroad" version?

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the temp differences exactly? I have a set of Kooks LTs en route from a private seller and was just wondering if it would be worth getting them coated prior to installation.

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking long tubes. Kooks are high quality that's for sure. Not sure I'm a fan of the coating though. I've had coated long tubes on other vehicles and the coating will flake off after some time. I imagine it would happen sooner on a truck that gets used off-road. I personally prefer the stainless look.