6.2 NEW Volant Exhaust + Corsa Res Delete - Vid and Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Volant has a new 3" single exit system for the 6.2L Raptor - part # 54387. I decided to try it out because my JBA side exit system had seen better days.

IMAG0806.jpg

Since I no longer have an intact resonator pipe, I also got the Corsa Resonator delete pipe to fill the void and bring the noise a little more.

IMAG0807.jpg

This kit is priced in the $649 range, and the resonator delete pipe can be had for around $200. *** RESONATOR DELETE PIPE P/N FOR SUPERCAB 133' WB IS 14757. SUPERCREW 144" WB IS 14758 *** EXHAUST IS SAME FOR BOTH WHEEL BASES ***
IMAG0810.jpg

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by the sound. To be honest I was not expecting it to sound as good as it does. On top of that, it's whisper quiet at cruising with not the slightest hint of drone. When you get on it, all hell breaks loose.

Speaking in terms of the Corsa brand, this Volant system would be most comparable to the Corsa dB line from a price standpoint.

It's 400 series stainless, uses the cheaper clamps and comes with a single wall slash cut tip. That's basically your price difference right there. The muffler internals are also different than the Corsa RSC mufflers.

IMAG0811.jpg

IMAG0812.jpg

The install was fairly straightforward, just a little love with a hammer on one of the hangers and everything lined up perfectly. Unfortunately this system does not clear the tension rod on my ICON bump kit, so I simply removed the rod for now since it's not entirely necessary anyway.

I sealed all of the connections with copper RTV, which I recommend doing with any slip fit connections.

IMAG0813.jpg

Shiny!

IMAG0818.jpg

Now, for the sound. Holy hell. There's something to be said for a single exit system. It's hard to describe, but basically the entire tone changes. The exhaust sound is more concentrated, if that makes sense.

I have heard almost every aftermarket exhaust offering for the Raptor and I can't really compare this Volant system to anything else. It honestly rivals Raptors I have heard with long tube headers. It has a loud brap to it that you can feel in your chest. Almost like a Harley with straight pipes except not quite that loud. Keep in mind the resonator delete pipe helps the cause, but I'd imagine this system would sound great with a stock resonator as well.

The sound in the video is pretty true if you have decent computer speakers. Have a listen for yourselves and enjoy:

Ford Raptor Volant 54387 Exhaust - with Corsa Resontor Delete - YouTube

IMAG0806.jpg

IMAG0807.jpg

IMAG0810.jpg

IMAG0811.jpg

IMAG0812.jpg

IMAG0813.jpg

IMAG0818.jpg

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now the important question.... how bad is the drone on the highway while cruising?

10-8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by the sound. To be honest I was not expecting it to sound as good as it does. On top of that, it's whisper quiet at cruising with not the slightest hint of drone"

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
now the important question.... how bad is the drone on the highway while cruising?

No drone. Not even a little bit. It really is rather mellow at cruising speeds and on the highway. But as you heard for yourself, it doesn't disappoint when you get on it. Call it Jekyll and Hyde.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
What size is the stock resonator? In other words, would this system mate up with the stock resonator?

For sure. The Volant system its self is meant to mate up with the factory resonator pipe. Keep in mind that will result in a more mellow offering than what I have going on.

By adding the Corsa resonator delete pipe I simply replaced the stock resonator pipe with a straight pipe that's the same length and diameter.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. It won't break the bank and sounds good as well with no drone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts