Need to tone down exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My current setup is Kooks Catless Long Tube Headers, no resonator, and no muffler. It sounds amazing but it indescribably loud. I want to tone the volume down just a TINY bit.

It will be a lightning exit style so the muffler I get will need to be single in/dual out.

I'm looking at the Flowmaster Super 10, Flowmaster Super 44, and the Borla ProXS.

My concern with the Super 10 is that it won't tone it down much at all. My concern with the Super 44 and the Borla ProXS is that it might tone it down too much but it most likely won't because of how loud this setup currently is.

Let me hear y'alls thoughts!

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
What size is your duals gonna be? 2.5"?

I'm a big fan of the magnaflows. They have a few different options and they're great quality.

Couple options to look at magnaflow #s:

#12198 5"Tx8"Wx14"L oval 3"so/2.5"do

#12763 7"x24"L round 3" so/2.5" do

OP
OP
BigBOSS

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What size is your duals gonna be? 2.5"?

I'm a big fan of the magnaflows. They have a few different options and they're great quality.

Couple options to look at magnaflow #s:

#12198 5"Tx8"Wx14"L oval 3"so/2.5"do

#12763 7"x24"L round 3" so/2.5" do

Yeah all 3 of the models I was looking at had 3" in/ dual 2.5" out.

What are your thoughts on how much the sound levels will be affected with what I listed? The truck sounds louder than a jet engine lol.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
agreed on the magnaflow, i have two setup custom by Krazy House Customs. tone it down, drone is gone and still has a nice deep rumble and isn't overly obnoxious. i loved how loud it was prior, but got old quick for me. i had the stainless works true dual setup with S tube mufflers.

OP
OP
BigBOSS

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
agreed on the magnaflow, i have two setup custom by Krazy House Customs. tone it down, drone is gone and still has a nice deep rumble and isn't overly obnoxious. i loved how loud it was prior, but got old quick for me. i had the stainless works true dual setup with S tube mufflers.

Thanks for the recommendation. I still want it loud, I just want to reduce the decibels a bit to avoid tickets in liberal Austin.

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah all 3 of the models I was looking at had 3" in/ dual 2.5" out.

What are your thoughts on how much the sound levels will be affected with what I listed? The truck sounds louder than a jet engine lol.

I think we need some video of this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh, got ya. Can always do the Corsa Xtreme. I had that setup two, loud and no drone.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh well shit I got nothing then haha. Maybe the dirty deeds exhaust setup...only other ones I can think of are bassani or stainless works...

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Both of the magnaflow options i listed would prolly tone down between 10-20%. The 7" round would be slightly louder than the 5x8 oval as well.