Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.


Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]

Need Major CAT / Exhaust advice Please!


This is a discussion on Need Major CAT / Exhaust advice Please! within the Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
So I bought my dream truck from Florida and had it shipped up to NY. 2011 6.2L Crew...Of course I ...


User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes

Sponsored By: Stainless Works
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
Deanwam8's Avatar
Junior Member

 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Need Major CAT / Exhaust advice Please!
So I bought my dream truck from Florida and had it shipped up to NY. 2011 6.2L Crew...Of course I didn't think to check to make sure it would pass emissions up here...I was so excited to have found the truck I always wanted. Sure enough....the truck has straight headers all the way out with NO CATS at all. I'm screwed...Can someone please tell me the best and most cost effective course of action? Can I find good aftermarket CATs somewhere that will pass? Can I effectively have a muffler shop weld CATS into my existing headers or do I need to take everything off and get an entire new exhaust, including CATs? Can I buy an all in one kit which includes CATs and exhaust? Please keep in mind I am not mechanically inclined so explain it to me like an idiot..cause I basically am in regards to this lol. Any advice or good place to look for CATS that wont destroy my wallet and marriage would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!




Deanwam8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
 
SZDZMTR's Avatar
FRF Supporting Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sewell, NJ
Posts: 2,056
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Welcome. I am a used car dealer in south Jersey. When you figure parts i can help you get anything OEM through local Ford dealership at my wholesale cost plus local install at my discounted dealer cost. 856 981 7129. Dennis
Dont get discouraged. Did you know that this truck had no cats?
FullAuto and Jimster58 like this.


__________________
2013 SCREW TUX BLACK
17 540I BMW
2011 SCAB MOLTEN ORANGE (SOLD)
SZDZMTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Deanwam8's Avatar
Junior Member

 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Thank you
Originally Posted by SZDZMTR View Post
Welcome. I am a used car dealer in south Jersey. When you figure parts i can help you get anything OEM through local Ford dealership at my wholesale cost plus local install at my discounted dealer cost. 856 981 7129. Dennis
Dont get discouraged. Did you know that this truck had no cats?
Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much...I really appreciate your offer to help. I have been so bummed with all this. I will def find out exactly what it looks like I will need and contact you. I cannot thank you enough for your offers of help....and to answer your queston....NO WAY lol....I def did not know it didnt have CATs...my mistake was not even thinking to check. I would never had completed the purchase if I had known this...so you can imagine my disappointment as I already spent everything I had to get my dream truck...now this is all going to go on credit card :( and have to keep it "wife safe" or I'm totally screwed again lol. Thanks again Dennis...you will def be hearing from me!
SZDZMTR likes this.
Deanwam8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Sigma01's Avatar
Junior Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Brownsville , Tx
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
just weld on the cats , cheapest option
FullAuto and Deanwam8 like this.
Sigma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
SZDZMTR's Avatar
FRF Supporting Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sewell, NJ
Posts: 2,056
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Deanwam8 View Post
Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much...I really appreciate your offer to help. I have been so bummed with all this. I will def find out exactly what it looks like I will need and contact you. I cannot thank you enough for your offers of help....and to answer your queston....NO WAY lol....I def did not know it didnt have CATs...my mistake was not even thinking to check. I would never had completed the purchase if I had known this...so you can imagine my disappointment as I already spent everything I had to get my dream truck...now this is all going to go on credit card :( and have to keep it "wife safe" or I'm totally screwed again lol. Thanks again Dennis...you will def be hearing from me!
No problem i understand. You are ways out in NY. Not worth the time and gas to go to south jersey. I can also ship the parts to you too and just have someone locally do the work. Was that a dealer or private that you bought your truck from?


__________________
2013 SCREW TUX BLACK
17 540I BMW
2011 SCAB MOLTEN ORANGE (SOLD)
SZDZMTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Deanwam8's Avatar
Junior Member

 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default
Originally Posted by SZDZMTR View Post
No problem i understand. You are ways out in NY. Not worth the time and gas to go to south jersey. I can also ship the parts to you too and just have someone locally do the work. Was that a dealer or private that you bought your truck from?
It actually may be worth it for me to drive if it gets done right....I actually have a nice offer from another member here to go to a couple different areas in R.I. and Jersey to get it all taken care of..but I just need to figure out what will work best logistically and make most financial sense. I would REALLY appreciate your offer of helping with parts....thank you! I will let you know for sure. I will PM you. I've been very impressed with this board's willingness to help me so far...several people have reached out to offer help in one way or another. To answer your question, it was a small dealership in Jacksonville. I checked out everything under the sun about the truck before I bought...except of course it's emission status. What a life lesson...live and learn I guess. The LEDs also went out on the front passenger headlamp the first day it got here...so I'm trying to figure that out because those aftermarket retrofitted lamps are like $1900 a pair...and the small Rigid fog cubes set in the front bumper don't work either...so I'm bummed for sure. The owner of the dealership was pretty easy to work with but obviously either didn't go over this truck at all before reselling or just decided not to mention it...I can see if he was selling it locally as there are no emissions laws in FL...but shame on me for not thinking of it either. Anyway...I will reach out once I figure out parts...thx so much!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Deanwam8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
SZDZMTR's Avatar
FRF Supporting Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sewell, NJ
Posts: 2,056
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Deanwam8 View Post
It actually may be worth it for me to drive if it gets done right....I actually have a nice offer from another member here to go to a couple different areas in R.I. and Jersey to get it all taken care of..but I just need to figure out what will work best logistically and make most financial sense. I would REALLY appreciate your offer of helping with parts....thank you! I will let you know for sure. I will PM you. I've been very impressed with this board's willingness to help me so far...several people have reached out to offer help in one way or another. To answer your question, it was a small dealership in Jacksonville. I checked out everything under the sun about the truck before I bought...except of course it's emission status. What a life lesson...live and learn I guess. The LEDs also went out on the front passenger headlamp the first day it got here...so I'm trying to figure that out because those aftermarket retrofitted lamps are like $1900 a pair...and the small Rigid fog cubes set in the front bumper don't work either...so I'm bummed for sure. The owner of the dealership was pretty easy to work with but obviously either didn't go over this truck at all before reselling or just decided not to mention it...I can see if he was selling it locally as there are no emissions laws in FL...but shame on me for not thinking of it either. Anyway...I will reach out once I figure out parts...thx so much!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Leds not working is in the wiring, and connections being corroded. I have a place here too called Eagle Electronics, Vineland NJ that has done a phenomenal job in undoing others mistakes and also doing custom installs. They are super reasonable to get stuff done. Just keep me posted.
Deanwam8 likes this.


__________________
2013 SCREW TUX BLACK
17 540I BMW
2011 SCAB MOLTEN ORANGE (SOLD)
SZDZMTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Deanwam8's Avatar
Junior Member

 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Thank you
Originally Posted by SZDZMTR View Post
Leds not working is in the wiring, and connections being corroded. I have a place here too called Eagle Electronics, Vineland NJ that has done a phenomenal job in undoing others mistakes and also doing custom installs. They are super reasonable to get stuff done. Just keep me posted.
Thank you!! If I can't get it straightened out up here...I'll add it to the list of possible out of area costs lol. I really appreciate your help...I'm still attempting to work through my possible options....and am away for work until late Wednesday, so I have had no time to deal with this. I would like to give you a call later in the week to at least inquire about some part prices. Thanks you so much again!
SZDZMTR likes this.
Deanwam8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Dane's Avatar
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Littleton, CO
Age: 39
Posts: 1,532
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
OEM cats are insane. Any decent muffler shop should be able to hook you up with some good aftermarket cats welded in.

Kinda curious about what they did about the O2 sensors though. I'm guessing it's not throwing any Check Engine codes?


__________________
2012 Black SuperCrew Roush Raptor
2015 BMW S1000RR
2016 BMW S1000RR (yes, we have two)
2008 Mercedes SLK 280
2003 Jeep Rubicon (sort of)
Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
FRF Addict

 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Age: 40
Posts: 1,999
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
Kinda curious about what they did about the O2 sensors though. I'm guessing it's not throwing any Check Engine codes?
This is what I was going to ask.


__________________
My build thread: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/w...6/#post1012544
Truckzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exhaust advice JnJraptor Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1] 13 12-07-2015 10:10 PM
Exhaust Advice - Looking for low rumble chartquist Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1] 44 07-27-2015 11:21 AM
Exhaust advice needed ZBoater Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1] 18 11-05-2014 09:55 PM
6.2 Exhaust advice-- Ford Racing, Borla, MF DBell Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1] 46 10-26-2014 09:49 PM
Between Major Cleaning Fred Ford Raptor Cleaning and Detailing Forum 34 02-21-2013 10:03 AM



GM Truck Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
Dodge Ram Forum
Chevy Cobalt Forum
Chevy Tahoe Forum
FJ Cruiser Forum
Ford Truck Forum
88-98 GM Truck Forum
73-87 Gm Truck Forum
Ford Expedition Forum
Chevy Equinox Forum
Chevy Cruze Forum
Jeep Liberty Forum
Jeep Forum
Dodge Ram SRT10 Forum
Chrysler 200 Forum
Scion xD Forum
Scion xB Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum
SRT Forum
Nissan Titan Forum
Buick Enclave Forum
Land Rover Forum
Scion FR-S Forum
TRD Forum
Central US Mopars
Southeast Mopars
Cadillac CTS Forum
Oklahoma Dodge Ram Club
Softball Forum