My Roush exhaust with and with out the resonator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I ran my Roush exhaust for a few months with the Resonator delete and it was horrible the drone was awful, on the high way, on side roads always just way too loud. So we put the stock resonator back in and the sound is great it has totally eliminated the drone but still has a great note when I step on it. Thought I would share my opinion on with and with out the resonator.

truckarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of removing the resonator since it can help tone down the sound an exhaust.

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lol I run the Roush straight rear exit and have no drone with the resonator gone . It has a rumble and I can talk on the phone and no drone . Guess I'm just lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I run the Roush straight rear exit and have no drone with the resonator gone . It has a rumble and I can talk on the phone and no drone . Guess I'm just lucky

Yeah what he said^

Steelhead

Reaction score

Me too! Have some initial drone upon slow acceleration but after that pretty much nothing but pure happiness with the sound. Quite the rumble on mine as it does tend to set off other car alarms. :)