My MBRP catback has rusted, time for something new, anyone run spintech???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6isntenough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my MBRP has been on for a little over 2 years and is so rusted up it looks like an old farm truck, :supergay: so I need something new, I was looking at buying a spintech super pro street 9000 and dumping it, anyone run this, do you like it? I don't mind loud.

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped the MBRP muffler that came with the turndown setup for a Borla XR-1 while waiting for the resonator that was supposed to come with the package. Better tone, much less drone - is a little louder though. Constant throttle at highway speeds you are going to hear it more. Think it ought to be about perfect when I put resonator on after it gets here.

OP
OP
6isntenough

6isntenough

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks joe but I have my stock one somewhere! I would put it back on but its a huge pain in the ass because its so big. the spintech muffler is 4"x6"x9" and will be easy to install, I seen them for sale on one of our venders site, Marylandspeed, does anyone know if they offer discounts to members?

svt87

Reaction score
I swapped the MBRP muffler that came with the turndown setup for a Borla XR-1 while waiting for the resonator that was supposed to come with the package. Better tone, much less drone - is a little louder though. Constant throttle at highway speeds you are going to hear it more. Think it ought to be about perfect when I put resonator on after it gets here.
Interesting idea! I like the MBRP turndown with resonator but I can't imagine long drives with the drone. Does it sound the same still and how much drone has gone away?

jkscuba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting idea! I like the MBRP turndown with resonator but I can't imagine long drives with the drone. Does it sound the same still and how much drone has gone away?

Sounds much better than the MBRP but definitely louder. Significant decrease in drone (especially when climbing hills) but now have a clear increase in volume at highway speeds. So far I'm happy with the switch but have not been on any long drives with it yet - I think it could start to wear a little. Around town though it sounds damn good. This is still without the resonator as it hasn't arrived yet. I'm thinking the resonator will kill the very little drone that is left and hopefully quiet it down a little on the highway. Will update when it hopefully arrives next week.

BigTruckn

Reaction score
If you aren't looking to spend a lot simply buy a Corsa Resonator delete and put the stock system back on and you'll get a lot more volume and minimal to no drone. If price isn't an option go CORSA Extreme and you'll never look back.