Mild Exhaust Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a mild upgrade from the stock exhaust. I've done some research and it seems that the Flowmaster 70 series might fit the bill, however it seems that the truck might sound exactly the same. Does anyone have a 70 series on a Raptor? I'm looking for a slightly louder growl while on the gas, and minimum to no noise gain while at cruising speeds. Call me conservative, but I just don't like to hear exhaust while doing 80 down the highway. I want to keep my "luxury" truck comfortable while traveling. I can even hear the stock exhaust when I'm listening for it on the highway.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into Dirty Deeds exhaust system? I think they make a 12"-20" muffler option. I've only heard their 16" muffler and it sounds really good without being too obnoxious and no drone with their helmholtz resonator.

OP
OP
stewwalker

stewwalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into Dirty Deeds exhaust system? I think they make a 12"-20" muffler option. I've only heard their 16" muffler and it sounds really good without being too obnoxious and no drone with their helmholtz resonator.

That exhaust sounds good. I wish I could find some more sound clips.

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That exhaust sounds good. I wish I could find some more sound clips.

Yeah. This will be my exhaust upgrade.
I'm guessing you watched the clip of the white screw in the driveway... @dirtydeeds website has another video that will give you a better idea of sound while driving.

Dirtydeedsindustries.com

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm loving the Roush. It sounds great and was easy to install aside from the adaptor. You can choose factory exit or under bumper. I got factory exit to not cut the exit angle and it looks great.

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a simple Magnaflow muffler and have it exit just after the axle. I originally did a side-exit, but because of where you have to mount the actual muffler for this style, it caused a lot of in-cabin noise. I later switched the muffler back to its original placement under the bed and it's much better.

Sorry, no videos. But videos are never accurate on sound anyhow...