MBRP Turndown installed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManleyORV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock exhaust came out super easy in one piece by jacking up the rear... MBRP went on very easy as well. 45 minute job if that.

High idle it is pretty loud, once it settles down it's not very loud at all. Sounds great running around the parking lot. Getting ready to take it for a longer drive, I'll report back.

But, for $312 shipped, I am damn happy!!!

Stay tuned....

OP
OP
ManleyORV

ManleyORV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, too busy driving around! I'll take some pics tomorrow and post a couple videos.

So far I'm very happy with my choice. I went from considering hacking off the tips on the stock exhaust and switching out the muffler, to buying a Magnapack to do a homemade turndown and chickening out, to thinking maybe Roush with no tips to MBRP Black to finally deciding to take a chance on the MBRP turndown. $300 is a cheap experiment.

Like I said its loud in startup, then settles down and has almost like a cam lope. Anytime your in the throttle, with the RPMs increasing its loud, make no mistake, but in the highway or keeping out of it around town I had no problem using my handsfree in the truck and with the radio on you can't even hear it.

The only thing you notice is just a bit of resonance or vibration since it exits under the truck. I think after a few days that will become normal.

Overall extremely happy. And the muffler is much larger with much more baffling than the Magnapack so if that's too loud for you and you want a turndown, this might be a good choice.

-Josh

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i'll probably pick this up for my '13 when it gets here. like the OP said, it's not a bad gamble for $300

saltiballs

Reaction score
i just put one of these in and took it out the day later... i loved the sound but it gives the wife a headache. i put it in by my self in an hour (with removing the other) and then reinstalled the factory one in about 45 min.. i used a cinderblock with the truck jack and pushed the tow hitch up. lowered the spare tire and it slid right out.. I cant sell anything on the fourm yet due to regulations ( i dont have 50+ post) and im not gonna pay $40 to sell my exhaust for less than i paid for it.. so if anyone is interested i have all of the parts!

OP
OP
ManleyORV

ManleyORV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys! I took a couple vids with my iPhone and they sucked. Looking to pickup a GoPro and will reshoot.

I gotta say though I am 10000000% happy with this purchase and for only $300 its just icing on the cake.

Just drove 3 hours for Thanksgiving and no drone that bothers me or my sister.

And the sound when you lay into it is heaven!