MBRP side exit vs Corsa Xtreme

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MBRP sounded Ok around town but the drone was impossible on the highway, even worse if towing my kayaks and trailer, bout 1.000 lbs. The Dirty Deeds was amazing in and around town and had the perfect in town sound but the drone @ 70-80 on the highway was annoying but I kept it a while until a long trip, there was just enough drone in the cab to aggravate my wife and to a lesser degree myself. The HUGE deal they made about ZERO drone is not correct, at least with my truck.The Corsa Extreme sounds wicked on cold starts but if you immediately drop it into gear it quiets down instantly. It sounds amazing @ WOT esp. above 4K PRMs. And the gurgle, popping and occasional loud crack when decelerating are wonderful. It can also be as quiet as stock in town if you do your part. On the highway the Corsa is as quiet as stock, period. Even when towing my 4,000 lb. boat it is barely noticeable on the highway. It's an amazing feat. And it screams an exotic note @ 3.5K and up at WOT that separates it from anything else in the truck realm. I wish I'd saved the $2K+ and bought the Corsa 1st.

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been meaning to post a followup to this thread. I too noticed severe drone with the MBRP setup; With and without the resonator. I tried pointing the turn-down in several different angles with some beneficial change to the drone, but it still rattled the inside of the cab. I went back to my Corsa Sport.

A buddy of mine has the MBRP setup with resonator and doesn't have the droning issue so I am a little confused. One of the main differences between our trucks is I have aftermarket aluminum skids under the engine, transmission, transfer case and gas tank, so that might be causing some acoustical mayhem under the truck.

Anyway, the MBRP is out and the Corsa is in. I am toying with the idea of getting the resonator delete for the Corsa now, but actually really like the sound of it currently with the stock resonator.

I know this wasn't the best sales pitch but I am trying now to sell the MBRP exhaust now, so if anyone is interested PM me. I have both the resonator and the resonator delete setup. The exhaust has approximately 400 miles on it. Make me a reasonable offer and you'll probably get it.

1.jpg