MBRP Resonator delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aoquin20

Reaction score
I have had the MBRP cat back exhast on my Raptor for almost a year now. This week I decided I wanted a little different sound. I cut the tip off and made it a turndown exit just passed the rear axle by the spare tire with a 5 inch tip. I was curious to know if any other MBRP owners have done the resonator delete on this kit for a different sound?

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny I just Cut mine past the muffler and turned it down right before the axle, and was thinking about asking the same question. I haven't been able to find anything about anyone else going from a resenator to not on the mbrp system. Although I think the actual turndown kit from mbrp doesn't come with a resenator anyways, so the drone can't be to bad. Also after I put the turndown tip on at a 45 degree angle I swear there is less drone then with the full cat back, it doesn't make sense but a few passengers have commented on it being better as well. Now before I put on the tip you could feel the bottom of the truck shake and if I started the truck in the garage,the pictures on the wall would rattle.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the turn down can come with or without the res. I have the turn down and no res.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's funny I just Cut mine past the muffler and turned it down right before the axle, and was thinking about asking the same question. I haven't been able to find anything about anyone else going from a resenator to not on the mbrp system. Although I think the actual turndown kit from mbrp doesn't come with a resenator anyways, so the drone can't be to bad. Also after I put the turndown tip on at a 45 degree angle I swear there is less drone then with the full cat back, it doesn't make sense but a few passengers have commented on it being better as well. Now before I put on the tip you could feel the bottom of the truck shake and if I started the truck in the garage,the pictures on the wall would rattle.

Weird results!