MBRP customers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southpaw14_2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I've watched over a 100 youtube videos on the MBRP exhaust sounds and still no closer to making up my mind. I think I'm going to pull the trigger tonight on the MBRP Turn down or the cat back system. What are some of the pro's and con's of this exhaust? This will be the first performance/sound mod on the truck and just looking for a few other opinions.

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some info for you SouthPaw.
I installed the Black cat back system from MBRP and the sound was great! Just a little drone but not bad. After a few serious off road adventures, the weld at the rear hanger ripped out and we had to do some surgery in the field. Ended up welding on a turn down tip just after the muffler. Remember, this system has a resonator and a muffler.
After 2 months this way, I am starting to go crazy with how loud the system is and the drone is killing me.....I think I will start to look for another option. Its making me not like driving the Raptor..

Brian

fletch74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my MBRP turn down and seriously don't know what some people are talking about with an annoying drone all the time. Yeah at certain rpm's around 1,600 to 1,800, basically when dogging it, there is drone, but I know in my truck I am usually above that. Most people buy aftermarket to make it louder and then bitch because its louder I don't get it. The turn down sounds good and has proven to be off road worthy just tighten the hell out of the actual turn down piece.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The MBRP Turn Down is a great option if you go off-road a lot because I know that many Raptor owners have crushed their systems on rocks and sharp break-overs.

It's one of the loudest cat-back options for the Raptor but as with most vehicle models any drone will be worse on the short cab version where the Crew Cab will be less.

If you're in the market for a Turn Down be sure to give me a PM and I will put together a custom deal for you. :cheers:

OP
OP
southpaw14_2004

southpaw14_2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MBRP Turn Down is a great option if you go off-road a lot because I know that many Raptor owners have crushed their systems on rocks and sharp break-overs.

It's one of the loudest cat-back options for the Raptor but as with most vehicle models any drone will be worse on the short cab version where the Crew Cab will be less.

If you're in the market for a Turn Down be sure to give me a PM and I will put together a custom deal for you. :cheers:

PM Sent

Banned
Reaction score
love my mbrp turndown.

wont comment on sound as its on a different vehicle. but its the same materials.
one thing to make sure is you tighten the crap out of the clamps. had my turndown fall off once, and the muffler as well after some hard offroading (thankfully it held in the hanger and i didnt lose it)

have since retightened a lot tighter with an impact gun, no issues since. got the stainless and its held up to my climate extremely well.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just installed the turndown on my crew last month. Yea it's loud. Yea it drones some. Honestly it's not that bad on the highway. It bothers me more at slower in town speeds. My solution, turn the stereo up or roll the windows down and mash the skinny pedal!

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fletch, that's because you have an actual turn down system! I said I had to modify my cat back after it got ripped off and just welded a tip on the end of the muffler. The cat back has a resonator and muffler! MBRP turn downs only have a muffler. Perhaps this is why my drone is so bad.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had a MBRP cat-back since day 1 (well day 2 actually) and I LOVE it!!! The more I drive it the more I know I've made the right choice. Yes, there is that drone at that loafing speed but I actually like that. The sound when you romp on it is sweet. Try bouncing the sound of a few tunnels and you'll know you've made the right choice. No regrets here.