MBRP... Any complaints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone with the MBRP cat-back is feeling. Any regrets? The reason I ask is I have a MBRP cat-back on my current 07 Silverado, and while it sounds great, I was not too impressed with the quality. Granted, I did not get the highest quality system, but it sometimes makes rattling noises and it can be quite annoying. That being said, I really like the look of the black cat-back, and in the videos I have seen, it sounds great. Thanks in advance, guys.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the mbrp 3.5'' cat back in 409SS that exits in the stock location on my '12,and l love it.nice rumble at idle and sounds mean at wot.And i like to just rev the motor and listen to the exhuast pop like a muscle car,not sure if thats good but it sounds cool :) I have read that the 3.5 inch pipe is to big for a stock truck and might lose low end torqe,but i cant say i noticed anything if any thing it gained in the top end,but i am no expert at this stuff so prob me just imagineing things..I also picked up about 1 MPG,which surprized me.It is alittle loud in the cab but not bad to me. i was under the truck the other day and noticed how rusty the pipes were,way more rusted then the stock one and both have seen about the same miles and winters,but i read the 409 will rust more then the cheaper option, dont know why though.I see you are getting a scab like mine so u will have to cut off about 12 inches off the exhaust because they send them out to fit a screw.install is easy takes about 45 min,most of it is getting the stock exhuast out of the way(if u dont cut it).Long story short i would recommend it,its a good price and sounds awesome.

OP
OP
banman12

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm i was not aware that they only made them for the SCREW, I sure don't want to have to deal with cutting anything.

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thats the way it was back when i bought mine,it mightbe different now.I thought the same thing when i bought mine but it really wasnt a big deal i used a portable band saw from my familys farm,but a sawzall wld work.The price and sound i heard on video made me try it and i am happy.but i definitely understand not wanting to mess with anything,but bolting it on like they say.

Banned
Reaction score
no issues with my MBRP turndown on the ranger.
still looks brand new, and the only thing that rattles is my back window slider, but it always rattled. just a bit more now.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MBRP kits you do have to cut about 12" or so if you have a SCab..

I have 3.5" turndown and love the sound.. It is "quiet" while putting around and sounds mean under acceleration..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

OP
OP
banman12

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback guys. Kind of disappointing. Regardless of how easy it is to cut, and the fact that I don't own a power saw. It just feels wrong to buy a $800 exhaust and have to do any work to it prior to bolting it on. I really liked the black, tips especially. Any other recommendations?