Making my cat-back louder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19GAZ

Reaction score
So I purchased the Borla Touring Cat-Back system and was disappointed with how quiet it is. I prefer a louder sounding truck but still wish to keep my current system on. Any ideas on how to make it louder? Would taking the pipes off after the muffler help? Thanks guys.

OP
OP

19GAZ

Reaction score
I ended up simply removing the tailpipes earlier today. The sound is exactly what i was going for it still has that low growling sound but it is a fair bit louder. Doesn't drone and doesn't sound like a straight pipe either. I'm thinking that since the exhaust is coming out under the body the sound is being slightly amplified.

Also I think the truck looks better without two silver tips coming out behind the rear passenger wheel

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice, I wonder how much that would change the sound? Deleting the resonator seems to be a common theme among "louder systems".

I would give it a shot. Keep your resonator though in case you don't like it. I personally like it though. Nice sound

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would give it a shot. Keep your resonator though in case you don't like it. I personally like it though. Nice sound

I have the Dirty Deeds catback which is also res delete. Took a while to get used to the rumble with the side exit.
I was enquiring with the OP in mind. Even a stock exhaust sounds great without a resonator.