Magnaflow Exhaust cat back system or welded in system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renegade70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided on the Magnaflow, but don't know if should buy the full stainless system that bolts on for around $800 or buy just the muffler and run straight pipe back for around $400. If I ran the later, I would get dual tips that come out like factory. Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

The off road shop says the all welded would hold up better off road and such. I know the actual pipe is aluminized steel like stock and won't hold up as long as the stainless steel, but should last at least 5 years or so. Also, it is not mandrell bent, but the shop is good with exhaust and am sure they will have good bends, but most of it will be straight anyway.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should add a flowmaster or magnaflow muffler and maybe delete the resonator. The stock system is fine. Seems counter productive to replace it with an aluminumized system. Most members have been through a few exhaust configurations until they find what really works for them ie. bumpstop kits compatibility, clearence, and of course most importantly, sound.
I would only replace it with a full stainless cat-back. Just my opinion.
Dirty Deeds from Crown offroad gets my vote, great value.

Last edited:

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the entire Magnaflow catback system from a reputable vendors such as: GotExhaust, Maryland Speed, etc.

Might as well wait a couple more months until the holiday season sales kick off and you'll save some more money as well...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't see the point in going from cheap aluminum to cheap aluminum, keep the stock or save your $$$ aand buy the Stainless system. I go stainless on all my vehicles, but then I don't sell them.

OP
OP
Renegade70

Renegade70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see the point in going from cheap aluminum to cheap aluminum, keep the stock or save your $$$ aand buy the Stainless system. I go stainless on all my vehicles, but then I don't sell them.

I think your right. I don't plan on selling it for a long time, so like the idea of the stainless. Should I have it welded when they put it in or do you think the bolt on will hold over time.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think your right. I don't plan on selling it for a long time, so like the idea of the stainless. Should I have it welded when they put it in or do you think the bolt on will hold over time.
You don't have to have it welded, but make sure you double nut the clamps so they don't come loose! That has been where most have had theirr problems.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys coming up with the aluminized steel bit? Stock and magnaflow pipes are 409 stainless. By design it gets a thin layer of surface corrosion on it and will not rot through for many years if ever.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located at? I have a 1 year old magnaflow system I am going to sell. I am in Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Renegade70

Renegade70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located at? I have a 1 year old magnaflow system I am going to sell. I am in Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am close to Springfield, MO. I could meet you. Send me PM with price and info.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Where are you guys coming up with the aluminized steel bit? Stock and magnaflow pipes are 409 stainless. By design it gets a thin layer of surface corrosion on it and will not rot through for many years if ever.

I just thought that stock was aluminized like most stock exhaust. It looks like it.