Magnaflow Catback Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moridin

Reaction score
Did a lot of reading about 'basic' exhaust systems here (excellent info) and elsewhere online, and went with the Magnaflow catback.

As with many other people's impressions, I like it a lot. More aggressive sound with no drone. Just general cruising doesn't sound much different from stock in the cabin, but get on the pedal and it's definitely there.

Was towing the trailer today, and put it in Tow/Haul Ass mode and I have to admit I'm tempted to always have that on. Sounded great, especially on the engine braking descents (love how the truck figures that out to hold the gear).

The rolled tips they use now look great, and the price is really hard to beat compared to some of the other higher-end systems out there.

If you're looking for a nice looking and sounding upgrade that isn't dramatically over-the-top compared to stock, this is it. It won't set off car alarms and wake up the neighbors, but when you get on it (and first start it up) it sounds mean.

Best of all, no drone at all when regular driving. Always a plus.

Since I seem to be getting dangerously close to murdering this thing out, I also had the tail section of the Magnaflow powercoated black. Looks great in the daytime, in my opinion, but obviously at night it's just washed out.

IMG_5046.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Local guy has that set up and i think it will definitley be a route i will go.

do you know what series muffler it uses?

OP
OP
Moridin

Moridin

Reaction score
I don't, but I seem to recall in my forum searches on the exhaust a couple of threads that mentioned it.

Tonka

Reaction score
What kit is this 15461?

Looking for the a new exhaust and needed something with no drone.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have the same exhaust...really satisfied. It gets about 10% louder overtime, which is perfect, IMO...

Great choice!

OP
OP
Moridin

Moridin

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing where the sound finally settles at. It sounds great out of the box, so it's only gonna get better.

estrader

Reaction score
Looks nice. Where'd u order it from online? I checked the magnaflow site and for some reason couldn't find it. Btw would u mind sharing the price for the whole set up w black tips?

Did u install it yourself? Was it easy without jacking up the rear?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you happen to know the PN of just the muffler? I don't care for the tips and would just dump it behind the rear axle anyways if I got it.