Magnaflow 5.4 and 6.2 exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to say, based on these, the 5.4 sounds better for some odd reason! I also must say that the OEM unit on mine seems plenty loud enough, but all about taste I guess. The only vehicle I ever thought Ford did a bad job exhaust wise was my GT500, sounded lame, so I put the KR exhaust on it... but the Raptor seems fine OEM... to me anyways! Nice post.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to say, based on these, the 5.4 sounds better for some odd reason! I also must say that the OEM unit on mine seems plenty loud enough, but all about taste I guess. The only vehicle I ever thought Ford did a bad job exhaust wise was my GT500, sounded lame, so I put the KR exhaust on it... but the Raptor seems fine OEM... to me anyways! Nice post.

What year is your GT500?

My 2010 sounds pretty ****ing good stock (and this is coming from a guy who had a 2004 Cobra with SS Bassani Midpipe/cats and Borla Stinger exhaust)

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your GT500?

My 2010 sounds pretty ****ing good stock (and this is coming from a guy who had a 2004 Cobra with SS Bassani Midpipe/cats and Borla Stinger exhaust)
Correct, the 2010 already has the KR on it... mine was an 08.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SLB, I don't think its your imagination. Ford spent a significant amount of effort smoothing out the 6.2. It has a subtly more refined sound, and feel behind the wheel, than does the 5.4. I think a "loud" exhaust highlights this difference even more... the 5.4 sounds more growly to me, which is what I would expect from a less refined engine.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct, the 2010 already has the KR on it... mine was an 08.

Not to derail thread with petty Mustang banter but the 2010 GT500 most definitely does not come with GT500KR mufflers from the factory.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I posted this in the vid section but what the hell, I'll put here too since it's on topic. Mine has a 18" Magnapack with 3" single out to a 4" tip. I'm guessing these trucks in the Magnaflow vids have just their standard performance muffler. Also, if anyone's wondering, just get a muffler to put in, there's no need to do a whole cat back system (unless you just really want it) seeing as it's all straight until the back, and even then it's not that bad.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zr-IP3rHrw&hd=1