magnaflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skhorns

Reaction score
Guys, I have looked at practically every cat back that is made for the 2012 raptor. Almost ordered the Ford Racing touring cat back yesterday (approx. $1,000) but shied away as i kept reading about more that is out there. I have an appt with Ripley's tomorrow in Houston to just have a magna flow muffler with 3.5" piping, manvel bends, keeping the stock reonator and installing black heat treated exhausts tips.

The other thing is that this is much more affordable. Supossedly, by keeping the stock resonator and using 3.5" manvel piping with the magna flow muffler, they tell me I will have very little drone, if at all, and the growl will be much like that of a "touring" exhaust set up.

Does this sound about right or can someone tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't answer your question but I'm curious if you've delt with this shop before? If it's a good place, maybe they can help me ou.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had magnaflow, i wasnt crazy about it i think it droned worse than my roush, without the resonator. But thats just me, take it fwiw

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have dual magnaflows now and they drone like crazy with the mandrel bends. No resonator yet, hemholtz planned for summer. Good luck though

OP
OP
S

skhorns

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why they told me to keep the resonator..Limits the drone...so they say.

Thx for your reply

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
They don't call them MagnaDrone's for no reason! If you want a drone free system this is NOT the way to go resonator or not

What are you looking for exactly? I've got a Venom 300 series http://www.blackwidowexhaust.com on my Raptor and there's zero drone with no resonator, it's nice and quite in the cab until I step on it, then my truck really wakes up

DeltaFox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good option is also the volant it's inexpensive and sounds awesome without the resonator. Even with the resonator it sounds good. The only problem I had was an accidental cutout made out on the trail when the clamp came loose but now it's welded so no issues.

ARS1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one installed and it doesn't drone at all... I didn't change any piping though and I left the resonator in for now but thinking of removing it in the future. I didn't go with a flowmaster because I didn't want the crackle they usually have and the magnaflow seemed like a better choice. I'm happy with it. Getting ready to install a rear exit Roush on my mom's 14 so I'll see how that sounds before I mess with mine anymore.

OP
OP
S

skhorns

Reaction score
I can't answer your question but I'm curious if you've delt with this shop before? If it's a good place, maybe they can help me ou.

Tommy Ripley was very helpful..He's the owner..nice guy

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

I had one installed and it doesn't drone at all... I didn't change any piping though and I left the resonator in for now but thinking of removing it in the future. I didn't go with a flowmaster because I didn't want the crackle they usually have and the magnaflow seemed like a better choice. I'm happy with it. Getting ready to install a rear exit Roush on my mom's 14 so I'll see how that sounds before I mess with mine anymore.

Thanks..that makes me feel more confidant in my choice..last thing I want is a bunch of junk