6.2 Looking for Just a Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently running an "open" exhaust since summer time...I just un-bolted the stock exhaust from the connection at the resonator, but it's a little too loud for me...but it's f#cking awesome!

I'm thinking of adding a muffler to the system to tone it down just a tad. I still want it to roar, but just be a tad mellower with maybe a little less drone.

I'm looking at dumping it like the MBRP exhaust.

Should I keep the resonator on, and just add a muffler after that, or should I delete the resonator and just have the muffler?

What muffler(s) should I be looking at? And what are the pipe dimensions?

I live right down the road from Stainless Works, I might stop in there to see if they can fab up a cheap muffler or what they recommend.

Race Series Bullet Mufflers - DynoMax® Performance Exhaust

http://www.borla.com/products/xr1.html

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Last edited:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do you feel about drone? If you remove the resonator expect more drone.

Crown off road is having the sale/GB on the Dirty deeds exhaust and that looks killer and has a resonator to cut down drone. It might be what you want

OP
OP
carlschmarl2

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, I don't really mind the drone...though some days I can't stand it.

I was just looking for a muffler to tone it down a little.

My muffler is still hanging on the hangers and I can re-connect it, but I don't think I will ever be able to go back to a stock exhaust sound. It's just too quiet for these beasts.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I currently run a Magnapack dumped before the rear axle, stock resonator still in place. Here in the next few weeks I will be installing Kooks long tube headers with no catalytic converters. I am trying to decide what muffler to go with, I want it as loud as possible without being too high pitched. Loud with a deep tone is a plus! Drone does not bother me. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score