Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]

looking into headers and exhaust

This is a discussion on looking into headers and exhaust within the Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!

User Tag List

Like Tree13Likes

Sponsored By: Stainless Works

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by NickPic83 View Post
A good combo for what it sounds like u want would be SW headers and a Corsa cat back. Nice rumble with minimal to no drone and not insanely loud

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
It does make the panties dropů I would love to convert another member to the Sliver set upů.

Sliver Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by McDowell View Post
I am wanting to get some headers and exhaust on a new 2014 raptor and i see alot of people like stainless works headers and exhaust and was wondering if there are some other brands you guys like to run or if the stainless headers are the best bang for your buck over kooks and others. Also, wanting to know what exhaust you guys like to run. i have always used magnaflow on my other trucks.
I removed my Magna Flow system today and added dual exhaust with 6" diameter chrome tips. I removed the resinator and only left the cat. Sounds meaner than ever.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

I suggest no mufflers with dual 6" exhaust tips. The trunk will sound like a Raptor should.

6" Chrome Tips - Dual Exhaust Photo by mcguiresys | Photobucket
GregTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #23 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

so my SW Headers and Borla S turndown system are down, with Mike's 5 star tune.

couple of things:

1. startup - this truck will wake the dead. It fires and idles to about 1200 before dropping to 600.
2. outside the truck - it's loud, not obnoxious, probably because of the turn down
3. inside the truck - cruising on highway or idling you can barely hear it, but under throttle it is LOUD,
4. If anyone attempts this and they have the RPG stage 4+ setup with front bypasses you better have triple jointed arms or raise the engine up, it's a pain in the ass to get these mounted.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #24 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by NickPic83 View Post
A good combo for what it sounds like u want would be SW headers and a Corsa cat back. Nice rumble with minimal to no drone and not insanely loud

I second this. I will probably be switching. Guy in our group at snoball had SW no cats with corsa and it was louder than my turbo s tube dumped. That could've been because the tip was facing my truck but still it sounded amazing.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Awesome guys thanks a lot I definitely will be getting some sw headers and some exhaust soon!

Sent from my iPhone

My balls are small.
This is America. We drink beer, carry guns, say merry christmas, and speak English. If you don't like it get the hell out.
McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

some one in my group had the corsa and headers and the idle on it is wicked!!

I'm a Ford SR Master Tech at the Stealership! Dont Judge haha I only work on trucks. Ford 6.2L Ford 5.4L Ford 6.4L & 6.7L powerstroke are my Specialty
BANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #27 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Thumbs up
Reading the exhaust section. Liking the Corsa headers setup. Cannot find a video or sound clip of LT headers (whatever brand kooks or sw preferred) plus catted Corsa. If anyone could easily put my search process in overdrive. I'm a slow reader
McDowell likes this.

2013 Stock Perch Oxford White Super Crew | Northing 3.0 door detents | The Tune by SVC | 5star tunes | SCT X4 | Seat Belt chime off | Fibermax | BedRug | 4 Hella Rallye 1000 | Ford Lightbar | 4 D2 fogs driving beam | HomeLink rearview | Icecobra stainless doorsill protectors f+r | SVT licensed plate frame | NuShield DayVue | Machined Method NV | ProComp black lugs | Nav-TV | Vince's CNC Method SVT caps black | Hula dance doll

Last edited by TurboEd; 01-25-2014 at 12:42 PM.
TurboEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by TurboEd View Post
Reading the exhaust section. Liking the Corsa headers setup. Cannot find a video or sound clip of LT headers (whatever brand kooks or sw preferred) plus catted Corsa. If anyone could easily put my search process in overdrive. I'm a slow reader
i second this because i have looked for one also.

My balls are small.
This is America. We drink beer, carry guns, say merry christmas, and speak English. If you don't like it get the hell out.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Silver Raptor has this setup. Look thru his post. He has posted a video in here. Better yet search raptor headers corsa on YouTube and u should find it

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkSu...e_gdata_player

2012 Silver Screw Saints Offroad Front Bumper, mid perch, Retrofits 3" FXR w/ Evil Eyes, SW long tube headers, lightning style exhaust, 5 Star Tunes on SCT Livewire TS, Injen CAI, Method DS black w/ machned lip, lots of LED lights, LED tails, Hornblasters kit, WSI springs, RPG PSR w/cooler & filter, etc...
NickPic83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Sliver Raptor View Post
It does make the panties dropů I would love to convert another member to the Sliver set upů.
i was just thinking about this but i cant do the offroad performance connect with this setup can i? it has to be offroad factory connect correct?

My balls are small.