Looking for input / opinions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm a newbie and am looking for some input from experienced Raptor owners.

I will be taking delivery of my 2014 Screw later this week.

Exhaust is one of the first things on the to-do list.

Let me first say that...I like to be different...so keep that in mind.

I will most likely be going with a custom exhaust with a Magnaflow 12867 (basically a 5" diameter Magnapack).

My truck has a hard 3 piece folding bed cover but I did not buy this truck to haul anything but ASS in.

I am thinking about routing the exhaust up through the bed with dual tips coming up through the hard cover just behind the cab.

If you have ever seen BJ Baldwin's Trophy Truck...same concept.

Just looking for some thoughts on this. It will definitely help with exhaust clearance issues when offroading.

Looking forward to hearing what you all think.

Out.

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 113

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, wish I was more help, but I know how I'm doing the exhaust on my 73F350 4Door pre runner now;)

In the mean time I can build you a custom muffler that you can build into your custom system:) Here's my Raptor bolt on systtems:

Ford Raptor System -

I could send you: Just a muffler (sized according to how loud you want your truck) or the Muffler and a Helmholtz resonator (to kill the drone that you're going to get by removing the stock muffler).

SS or aluminized:)

OP
OP
Aramco Raptor

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer but I have already ordered the muffler. I checked your systems and they look good...but I'll most likely do my own.

Not worried about drone as it doesn't really bother me...I'm pretty deaf to begin with :)

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cannot help but that would be a killer setup, and a ear killer too !!

Let us know when you'r done...

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate to sound like an ******* but i dont think it will look right coming through the bed cover. I think running it through the lower rocker-panel would look killer, right in front of the rear wheels and through the body

MOLONxLABE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to sound like an ******* but i dont think it will look right coming through the bed cover. I think running it through the lower rocker-panel would look killer, right in front of the rear wheels and through the body

I agree, I think it would look funny.

If you want to be different, run an exhaust bezel through a lower body panel somewhere.

Here's an example:

image_zpsb97bd05f.jpg

OP
OP
Aramco Raptor

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

I have already explored that option. I even used the AutoCAD here at work but came up with routing problems on the underside for true duals and the rocker panels in front of the rear wheels on a Screw are pretty small. Not crazy about running them all the way to the back.

I will run some more designs and post up what I end up doing.

As far as the noise factor...not too worried. I also drive a 700 HP replica of Donnie Allison's Hawaiian Tropic 1975 Laguna cup car with straight pipes under the doors :)

Thanks.

OP
OP
Aramco Raptor

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pardon? What was that?

Yeah...she's a tad loud...especially at 9000 rpm :)

My neighbors love me!

Attachments

• 1487706_490694707733120_5475269322583380394_o.jpg
    1487706_490694707733120_5475269322583380394_o.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 100