looking for help with an install...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thugsmasher

Reaction score
So I've got my exhaust apart and on the floor of the garage. Im trying to slide the new exhaust into the resonator tube and the new pipe seems a little bigger and it doesn't want to slide in the whole way.

Any suggestions on what to do to get the new pipe into the old?

Any help anyone could provide would be great! Thanks!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they make pipe widners, but you probably don't have any...

You could possibly make a relief cut in the end of the pipe that is going into the resonator. The cut would be axial along the pipe right in the center. I would do two of them in an X pattern.

OP
OP
T

thugsmasher

Reaction score
Yukon Joe is the winner! I make the X cut to clear up a little room. Then I grabbed a towel, laid it over the end, put the exhaust clamp overy the towel and tightened it down. Also used my channel locks to help squeeze the pipe a little further.

Long story short, the Raptor is a whole new beast! Took her for a quick run around the block and it's obvious there's a positive change in performance.

Thanks to all for the help. Couldn't have done it without you!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yukon Joe is the winner! I make the X cut to clear up a little room. Then I grabbed a towel, laid it over the end, put the exhaust clamp overy the towel and tightened it down. Also used my channel locks to help squeeze the pipe a little further.

Long story short, the Raptor is a whole new beast! Took her for a quick run around the block and it's obvious there's a positive change in performance.

Thanks to all for the help. Couldn't have done it without you!
What I win? Lol.... :stoner:

Click here to help:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=831699

Yukon Joe
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions
www.runraptorrun.com

Last edited: