Long tube Survey

What Long Tube set up are you running and like ?

• Kooks

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Stainless Works

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Doug Thorley

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other explain

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Id do the install myself , I have done all the work on my Mustang including the L/T headers . But itll be much easier on the Raptor. I too don't want it to loud but better flow and more power. Im thinking doing high flow cats and my and keeping my MPBR dump exhaust. I think that will be louder then I want really but that's my starting point since I have the cat back already. I ended up putting H/F cats back in my Mustang since it was Nascar loud. Also if you do yours before mine Id help with the install just putting it out there .

I have Kooks 1 7/8" headers with their Y pipe, green cats, and an MBRP dump. I can confirm that it's STUPID loud at WOT and it has a pretty nasty drone zone (only around a 300 RPM window but right in the typical cruising band). You can drive around the drone but it can get annoying, especially in the mountains.

I really only put the MBRP on as a stop gap since my engine guy didn't want to do custom exhaust work and I didn't like any of the off the shelf cat backs. My plan is to swap the green cats into a custom X pipe and a true dual dump system, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got Stainless works with a 24" dirty deeds "lightening style" exhaust fab'ed in. I tore off the stock exhaust that I was originally running with the SW headers.

When I purchased everything it was my intention to run the headers and dirty deeds exhaust together, which would have required cutting the Y pipe and tubing behind the cats to get everything to fit. I decided to just roll the stock exhaust to avoid cutting things up until I made a decision. During a recent off roading trip the decision was made for me. I went through some mud and a stump grabbed the forward side of the muffler and wrapped it under the rear axle. No amount of jacking and winching on that tubing could get it unstuck from the truck. I ended up running a cargo strap around the frame and what was left of the exhaust to get off the trail and to a place where I could cut it out. After 10 minutes with a reciprocating saw and a 3 hour ride home with open headers I figured I could roll the dice on the Dirty Deeds fab...

Now that I've got everything welded up I am loving it. The exhaust is still loud but it's far quieter than most of the other cat back systems. I have no drone or annoying noise in the cab, apart from the normal WOT screaming when I really throw the foot down.

I would purchase the SW headers again or go with the Kooks. Both brands are good from a craftsmanship standpoint. I had mine ceramic coated and would suggest that to help with the heat. I've seen pics of melted wires and other stuff but my truck looks fine so far.

I have a coworker with the Kooks and a Corsa Extreme. His truck is loud but sounds better than the trucks who run SW headers with the Corsa Extreme. Not sure how to quantify that.