Long tube Survey

What Long Tube set up are you running and like ?

• Kooks

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Stainless Works

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Doug Thorley

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other explain

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BeansGT

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input , I have had AR and Kooks both on other cars and they are the same really . I like that black coating @RangerRob . I am not sure weather I am going to stay N/A , I keep telling my self to but my right foot tells me to get the pro-charger . I like to do all the supporting MODS before adding boost .

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd stick with Whipple or Roush if you're going to go supercharged. Very few people run anything else and those who do don't seem to want to give a lot of feedback.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AR here also you dont want the 17/8 with a stock no FI truck if going blower there is some thinking to do there but if not AR.
just put mine on love it had them on a CTSV loved there also

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have had the SW headers and true dual exhaust for 5 years now and almost 80k miles on the set up, no issues what so ever!

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would you do the install, or do you have a trusted shop around here?

Been thinking of kooks headers to stock exhaust, for now with a tune.

Had a Lightning with headers+high flow cats+ magnaflow. Sounded good, but became too damn loud for me. Could hear that son of a bitch from a quartermile away. And it set off cars parked next to me. Fun at first, but got too much attention from cops. And it was tough to talk on the phone.
Father put kooks + hiflow... on his Mach 1 and it's not loud on start up. But it wakes up once you go over half throttle.

Would like some more power and sound, without going too loud.

OP
OP
BeansGT

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you do the install, or do you have a trusted shop around here?

Been thinking of kooks headers to stock exhaust, for now with a tune.

Had a Lightning with headers+high flow cats+ magnaflow. Sounded good, but became too damn loud for me. Could hear that son of a bitch from a quartermile away. And it set off cars parked next to me. Fun at first, but got too much attention from cops. And it was tough to talk on the phone.
Father put kooks + hiflow... on his Mach 1 and it's not loud on start up. But it wakes up once you go over half throttle.

Would like some more power and sound, without going too loud.

Id do the install myself , I have done all the work on my Mustang including the L/T headers . But itll be much easier on the Raptor. I too don't want it to loud but better flow and more power. Im thinking doing high flow cats and my and keeping my MPBR dump exhaust. I think that will be louder then I want really but that's my starting point since I have the cat back already. I ended up putting H/F cats back in my Mustang since it was Nascar loud. Also if you do yours before mine Id help with the install just putting it out there .