Long tube Survey

What Long Tube set up are you running and like ?

• Kooks

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Stainless Works

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Doug Thorley

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other explain

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the benefits and I know the Kooks/American racing history . So basically I am looking at a Long Tube the best fit and best installed product, along with HP (obviously) . I am planning to ditch the cats and do a custom dual muffler set up after the LT's . So who has installed and what's your likes and dislikes ? Add pics if you like/wish of what you got or issues you ran into . Thanks ahead !

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I installed my stainless works. Bitch of a job but no issues with product, fitment, or quality. I also believe we can get them for a lot cheaper than AR or Kooks.

Buy my truck!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have kooks. I'm sure the others are all good (plenty of positive reviews of each of them on this site) but I scoured the internet looking for detailed pictures before I chose kooks and they appeared to be of the highest quality. I particularly like the collectors.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you stay N/A, there is an argument for staying with 1 3/4" primaries instead of the larger 1 7/8" primaries. Stainless Works only offers the 1 7/8" primaries, but they also have the most affordable headers on the market so most people have them.

I have the Stainless Works headers in 1 7/8" primaries. I'm happy with them.

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think all are great headers honestly. I bought my truck with SW and I'm happy but if I was to do it over again and use my $$ I'd go Kooks. Thats only b/c I've always ran kooks on my other vehicles so I know the quality, fitment and I've always been happy with them.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One more...

Damn! Those are nice. I ordered mine that way, too, but they sent me the regular silver ceramic coating by mistake. They offered me a discount to keep them so I just went ahead and took it to keep the ball rolling on my build. Kind of wish I hadn't now... lol

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

You didn't happen to take any pictures of the inside of the collectors did you?