Long Tube Headers and Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of L/T's and CEL on the 6.2 Raptor being a problem. Is this the case for you?

OP
OP
Deinonychus

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, but I'd like to know if long tube headers are responsible for CEL's on the 6.2L.

If there are no CEL issues with long tubes, I'd like to budget for them in the near future.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see. I've heard of zero issues, you should be good to go.

Vettster

Reaction score
No, but I'd like to know if long tube headers are responsible for CEL's on the 6.2L.

If there are no CEL issues with long tubes, I'd like to budget for them in the near future.

No problems whatsoever on mine.
I have the Hennessey long tubes and high flow cats. (American brand?)
It also has their tune.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
It wouldn't be the headers throwing a code so much as the absence of the cats. As long as you have the cats (high-flow's that you can get with headers are preferred) then you shouldn't have an issue. No CEL's from LT's on 6.2's that I've heard of.

vipergts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the cel

did the sw full exhaust and got a cel code reads bank1 upstream o2, got to figure this one or won't pass emissions inspection no help from sw , going back and fourth with 5 star, hope to get a handle on this one. no one has seen this this code before , it is always the rear o2's. not the front . will see keep you guys posted on the fix.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Stainless Works LTH's and dual 3" exhaust. 5 Star Tune with CAI. 2500 HARD miles on the truck. No issues with that.

1. Did you install a CAI?
2. Have you checked your O2 sensors? Are the wires ****** up?
3. Is your tune programmed for LTH's and whatever exhaust you put on it?

vipergts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on stock tune

right now on stock tune , need no cel to pass inspection, yes have tune for the headers and have the cai intake. checked the wire connections on bank1 which is drivers side and all looks good, mike at 5 star says the same thing check the connections, all looks good. won't pass emissions with the modded tune must be in stock tune with all monitors on. right now not looking to good.