Kooks Long Tubes & Y Pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

Where is this video?

Have you looked at Black Widow? Talk to @A.I.I.Racing, he will take good care of you. In short, the Black Widow’s have very little to no drone. Your wife would stay happy :)

I am looking to do headers and run a Black Widow exhaust. I am going to dump it where I don’t have to worry about damaging the exhaust.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you looked at Black Widow? Talk to @A.I.I.Racing, he will take good care of you. In short, the Black Widow’s have very little to no drone. Your wife would stay happy :)

I am looking to do headers and run a Black Widow exhaust. I am going to dump it where I don’t have to worry about damaging the exhaust.

I haven't looked at Black Widow, but I already have a Magnaflow that I'm happy with if I don't want to go with the Kooks true dual. In the case I can just go the Y-pipe route to my existing Magnaflow. I just figure I probably get more flow out of the true dual.

OP
OP
T

TheChopShopLLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love that stainless look.
Headers into a single pipe?

I bought a Corsa Xtreme cat back originally, then I decided to do the Roush phase 2, headers and so on......

I would prefer to do true duals honestly.
So I have a brand new Corsa system I was planning to use unless anyone would like to buy it? I don’t believe I have enough post to sell, but I would make someone a great deal if they were interested.

I also have a brand new Mag-Hytec rear diff cover for Gen 1 as well I need to sell. I wound up with 2 somehow. I have installed one on my truck already.

If you know of anyone needing a New Corsa Xtreme or rear diff cover let me know....

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
Have you had any issues with your headers? Are the the 1 7/8"? I have same set up with stage 2 Whipple from JDM and have blown out two header gaskets on the passenger side.

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
Have you had any issues with your headers? Are the the 1 7/8"? I have same set up with stage 2 Whipple from JDM and have blown out two header gaskets on the passenger side.
Here is a pic of the first time. Getting ready to do for a second time. Any help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• P_20230523_144958.jpg
    P_20230523_144958.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 6

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the first time. Getting ready to do for a second time. Any help is greatly appreciated
I would surmise that the header mating surface is not absolutely flat to the head and with the added pressure of the blower, that is a weak area .

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
I would surmise that the header mating surface is not absolutely flat to the head and with the added pressure of the blower, that is a weak area .
On the flange of the header side or the head itself? I got a set of Remflex graphite gaskets to give that a try vs what Kooks supplied and I tried again. You are right, it is when I get on it that I blow them out