Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]

KOOKS Exhaust broken welds and quality issues

This is a discussion on KOOKS Exhaust broken welds and quality issues within the Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
No it has more to do with the engine revving up and all of the sudden the throttle is gone. ...

User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes

Sponsored By: Stainless Works

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2015, 12:33 PM   #21 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No it has more to do with the engine revving up and all of the sudden the throttle is gone. It's not really a backfire as much as it is air cavitations, I think. The manual down shift won't let you screw it up. I just hit the button as much as it'll let me when coming up to a light and let the engine rev and brake me. Sounds good too. :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

justuspost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)

Ill figure it out now that i know it will do it
Bulletnjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #23 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Bulletnjm View Post
Ill figure it out now that i know it will do it

How I do it (his method) is at about 65 kph I give it full gas and as soon as it down shifts before it actually down shifts just when it starts acknowledging your pedal response and the engine starts to rev up let go of the gas but it's not really a backfire as much as it is 1 or 2 pops

If you see in the video attached this raptor belongs to a group member and he tuned his car a bit rich and basically tuned it to backfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

We call this the popcorn tune, I think you can tell why.
I'm not really a fan of this I prefer when it backfires naturally.
My car does it between shifts sometimes kind of nice especially if you're racing intimidate the guy in the rear view mirror a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bulletnjm likes this.

Kooks headers and full dual exhaust (1 3/4-No Cats) , Whipple 2.9 Running 3.25 Pulley, Cobra Jet TB (Twin 65MM), Upgraded Aluminium Drive Shaft, Whipple Oversized Heat Exchanger, Bed Rug, Bakflip G2, N-Fab Front bumper with 4 8 KC lights, Deaver springs +2, Billet oil pump, NGK Spark Plugs, Oracle mirror lights, Mickey Thompson STZs, METHOD Hole, Oracle 50" rds Roof LEDs, QTP cutouts, TOP Perch
raptor_qatar is offline   Reply With Quote