Just bought a Corsa Xtreme and want to protect it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my Corsa close to two years now....do not have black tips but polished tips. I drive my truck a lot and its not garage kept...First of all there will be surface rust on tubing and nothing you can do about it. Secondly I think I used a product for metal polishing once on the tips, that's it. Its a truck after all not a show car IMO. And given the fact that the tips are behind the rear wheels they WILL get beat up and nothing you can do about it.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this exhaust this past weekend, but has anyone noticed odd fitment with the resonator delete up to the factory manifold?

Its like, as I tighten it, the supplied flange will begin to "bend" as I torque down on it, and yet, I still get water leaking out as if they aren't meeting flush. And if I tighten down more, the leak becomes more obvious, as if the tighter you go the less even the applied pressure is.

However, from under the truck I don't hear an exhaust leak.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My supercharged, 6.0/4L80 swapped 2002 Avalanche got something like 15 years out of a Corsa exhaust system before the muffler finally let go. Externally, the muffler and pipes are still fine. But something inside of the muffler was loose and rattling around and we had to replace it. It's a New York truck so it has seen tons of salt in the winters. 300 series stainless is pretty tough so I wouldn't worry about it. The Avalanche never got any special treatment. Just got run through the car wash on the semi regular.

That said, I also hate rust. I have the whole bottom of my Raptor, including the exhaust, splooged with HDMP. It stinks when it burns off the exhaust but it is protected as best as it can be.

Note: the HDMP looks like shit after it starts to collect dirt from offroading but I'd rather it be ugly than rusty.

YMMV.

Lumadar

Reaction score
Meguiar's makes a product, M770, Trailer Corrosion Protectant, and it is an aerosol can. It says it lasts months, but it lasts years and it has extremely strong anti-salt corrosion properties. I would spray the whole thing with a few coats.

Jcv838

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this exhaust this past weekend, but has anyone noticed odd fitment with the resonator delete up to the factory manifold?

Its like, as I tighten it, the supplied flange will begin to "bend" as I torque down on it, and yet, I still get water leaking out as if they aren't meeting flush. And if I tighten down more, the leak becomes more obvious, as if the tighter you go the less even the applied pressure is.

However, from under the truck I don't hear an exhaust leak.

mine is the same way

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meguiar's makes a product, M770, Trailer Corrosion Protectant, and it is an aerosol can. It says it lasts months, but it lasts years and it has extremely strong anti-salt corrosion properties. I would spray the whole thing with a few coats.

Did you coat the tips? I'm concerned about discolorations. I spent extra for the black tips, would be a waste to put something on them that ruins them.

Lumadar

Reaction score
Did you coat the tips? I'm concerned about discolorations. I spent extra for the black tips, would be a waste to put something on them that ruins them.

I haven't tried it on the black finish. I would suggest doing a small test spot on the underside and taping off the surrounding area. Let it cure for 30 minutes and see if the appearance is acceptable or not. It might modify the appearance slightly - so test spots are a good call.