Installed Ford Racing Tips - someone stole my Raptors thunder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a set of the nice bling Ford Racing exhaust tips last night. Hopped in the beast to run some errands and thought - woah! who stole my exhaust system! Instead of that initial throaty burble/barrap, the Raptor now sounds like some smoooth Lexus :wow:

Looking at the tips more carefully, they have a diffuser built into them, which cuts down on that nice Raptor barrrap sound.

I think the stock tips are going to go back on (after I get them ceramic coated black).

Andy

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm good info Andy. Can you snap a pic or three of them installed for comparison?

OP
OP
AndyR

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As requested:

dsc01253640x480.jpg

dsc01255640x480.jpg

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow those do look good. Its a shame they mess with the sound though.

Thanks Andy! Please be sure to post up some pics after the ceramic coated stockers are back on.

OP
OP
AndyR

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow those do look good. Its a shame they mess with the sound though.

Thanks Andy! Please be sure to post up some pics after the ceramic coated stockers are back on.

I just need to find someone in Scruz or the area that can do it (the ceramics).

Andy

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the tips more carefully, they have a diffuser built into them, which cuts down on that nice Raptor barrrap sound.

Andy

Really good info (and good looking tips from Ford Racing) - thanks for sharing.

Sorry to ask but can you take a pic of the diffuser in the Ford Racing tips so we can see the problem? (Any chance the diffuser can be removed? Those tips are good looking).

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now that is a nice looking set of tips.

I'm not really looking for a lot of noise out of my truck so I may have to check them out one of these days.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really good info (and good looking tips from Ford Racing) - thanks for sharing.

Sorry to ask but can you take a pic of the diffuser in the Ford Racing tips so we can see the problem? (Any chance the diffuser can be removed? Those tips are good looking).

Maybe you should buy them from hi.....oh wait...i forgot.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you should buy them from hi.....oh wait...i forgot.

Yeah, my Raptor is the only one I know of that has no exhaust :mrgreen: As a 5.4L owner I'm doing all I can to increase my Raptor's performance :D

IMG_1975.jpg

People think it's an electric vehicle because there's no tailpipe :mrgreen:

IMG_1980.jpg