installed borla 140383 tonite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

locouno

Reaction score
all i can say is wow 45 minute install and super clean. But fairly dissapointed in how quiet it is, at wot u can tell its there but lot less agressive than i was hoping for from an s type. See resonator delete in my future but hope it gets better as it breaks in anybody done a resonator delete on borla s type wondering if its even worth the effort. No drone tho just glad i didnt get t type was worried stinger was going too be loud and loaded with drone like the stingers i had on my 500. Oh well here i go again went thru 5 sets on my mustang mustang buddys didnt mind tho

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm about to place an order on the Stainless headers and lightning system. I'm worried that it might be too raspy. If so, I'll be replacing the muffler with a Borla S type. We'll see. Waiting on tax return to order.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The resonator takes away a lot. Unbolt it from the flange and listen, then with just the res it cuts the sound down significantly. Add in a muffler and it's obviously even less. Def take the res off.

OP
OP
locouno

locouno

Reaction score
I don't know but I couldn't hear anything.[/QUOTE

wasnt worth the effort was going to do a before and after did the before vid never attemted after vid

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

click the link in my sig. x pipe, no resonator and dual s-type. get rid of the resonator you wont regret it.
heres the thread of my dual Borla s-type http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f160/new-exhaust-exhaust-thread-done-right-22024/

your vid was one of several that ultimatly pushed me towards stinger. You and mobile aint going to twist my arm too much about getting rid of resonator started plotting after first start up

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

I'm about to place an order on the Stainless headers and lightning system. I'm worried that it might be too raspy. If so, I'll be replacing the muffler with a Borla S type. We'll see. Waiting on tax return to order.

was worried about being raspy myself figured changing resonator out would correct if the s type was too agressive live and learn

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would give it a bit. All the Borla systems i've ran took a couple thousand miles to actually "burn" in. Like you I was very disappointed in them at first, but they need some break in time.

OP
OP
locouno

locouno

Reaction score
I would give it a bit. All the Borla systems i've ran took a couple thousand miles to actually "burn" in. Like you I was very disappointed in them at first, but they need some break in time.

was planning on giving it a while but for now do a resonator delete put it back if it gets to aggressive or when drone occurs

Cricket

Reaction score
Did it ever break in or get louder? Or did you ever try taking off the stock resonator? I just put on the Borla S-Type and was also disappointed on how quiet it is. I didn't realise that the stock resonator stays on the truck prior to purchasing. The touring version comes with a Borla resonator. Weird how the touring version comes with a resonator but not the S-Type. Did Borla intend for the S-Type to be installed without the stock resonator? If so, why would they not include the extra piping needed to install. As it comes in the box you have no choice but to use the factory resonator to install it.