Installed a Black Widow Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Should I do a lightning exit or a turn down for less noise inside the cab?

I’ve never run a lightning exit myself as I’ve ALWAYS done turn downs, but I’ve had plenty of customers do it on their Raptors and mention it’s quite inside the cab.

Another option to consider is to do a turn down but turn the tubing towards the outside of the truck

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
Did a down turn and kept the resanator there's a little drone Around 2000 rpms but not terrible , sounds much deeper at idle at wot sounds like the same as stock but louder, overall very happy with it

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
Deleted the resenator today, even louder and meaner than before, now scares people on start up

barretta21

Reaction score
Installed my Race Venom muffler. Kept the stock exit behind the passenger wheel and factory resonator. Plenty loud when you get on it, pretty tame at highway cruising speeds. Many thanks @A.I.I.Raciing.

I know this post was a few months ago ... did you go 3" center to center then purchase the magnaflow 3-2.5 Y pipe or have installer fabricate Y???

RaptArAz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this post was a few months ago ... did you go 3" center to center then purchase the magnaflow 3-2.5 Y pipe or have installer fabricate Y???

Yep you're correct - 3" in/out with fabricated Y. It was about an hour of work and ~$100 out the door.

Still really pleased with the exhaust.

RaptArAz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason you went with the center to center vs. center to dual 3's then just reduced? I am worried about sound being too loud, have had an 03 silverado 5.3 with flowmaster pipes straight back from cats that was way to obnoxious, also a 6.0 g8 gt with corsa cb but was a little too quiet till I really got on it. I read somewhere on here the offset pipes are a little quieter so wondering if single to dual would be exactly what I want considering theyre both offset? Does that logic make sense?? LOL

I went with the center/center based on recommendation from @A.I.I.Raciing (Brian). Offset pipes might be marginally quieter due to the flow, though I can't speak to it. I too was worried that it might be too loud, but I couldn't be happier with the result. The race venom is just enough to let those around you know there's a V8 under the hood with normal driving, nice an aggressive at WOT.