Help me choose a Cat Back Exhaust, Borla or Corsa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pick up my 2013 Flame Blue SCAB at 9am Saturday. I am pretty sure I want to put on a Cat Back exhaust. I'd like deeper tone at idle, and zero drone. From what I've read, both Borla and Corsa would meet those requirements. I've listened to tons of clips on You Tube and read everything I can find on the web. From what I've read, this would be the order.

Stock
Borla Touring
Corsa
Borla S
Stainless Works
Magna Flow, etc

Question to those who have some experience with both, can you rate on the following scale?

Stock - 1
Headers and minimal muffling - 10

Borla Touring - ?
Borla S - ?
Corsa - ?

Last edited:

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best are Borla S , Corsa and SW

Personaly I would go SW with Resonator Delete!

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the borla S and I dump it after the rear axle. If stock is a 1 at idle, the borla S is about 3 at idle. Wide open the stock is 1, the borla is about a 7. drone, the stock is a 1, the borla is a 2.

I love my exhaust

OP
OP
AZEngineer

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best are Borla S , Corsa and SW

Personaly I would go SW with Resonator Delete!

Best how, loudest, least drone, best build quality? How much louder is the Borla S than the Corsa, or is the Corsa louder.

I'm not really going for loud.

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best how, loudest, least drone, best build quality? How much louder is the Borla S than the Corsa, or is the Corsa louder.

If you dont want loud than go with corsa. nice sound on start up and idle, no drone crusing a 55mph & 60mph. price is a little steep but you have to pay to play!

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I would concur that the Corsa would be your best bet if you're looking for a slightly more aggressive sound without the drone and/or annoyingly loud exhaust. I've had Borla on all of my other vehicles and love their construction, build quality and sound. But I have to say that after having the Corsa on both of my Raptors ('10 SCab and now '12 SCrew...interchangeable on both models, BTW), they are equivalent. Build quality is fantastic and the sound is just right for me, more aggressive but not annoying....and ZERO drone at any RPM. The *only* complaint that I have is that the polished tips aren't wearing well....they are discolouring which requires constant polishing to keep them looking decent.....otherwise love the Corsa!

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Corsa and am very happy with it. It's somewhat louder than stock, but is by no means obnoxious. Let's put it this way, it's loud enough that the neighbors can always tell when I leave, but yet they are still willing to talk to me. LOL! And yes, it is a little more expensive than some of the other brands, but as others have said, you do get what you pay for.