headers with stock cat back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94slowbra

Reaction score
anybody have a long tube header set up (catted or off road) with stock cat back? i know most do exhaust the opposite way (cat back then headers). id imagine between the resonator and the factory muffler it would be pretty quiet. and from what ive read the factory cat back system actually flows pretty good. so i should gain some power from the headers yet keep a relative quiet ride. thoughts?

OP
OP

94slowbra

Reaction score
judging by the videos is quiet, which is what im looking for right now. by having the factory muffler do you think there was still a nice gain from the headers and offroad y?

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was a little bit of gain. I put new wheels and tires on the day before, so there wasn't a whole lot of time to play.

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anytime I've run long tube headers with the rest of the exhaust stock its quiet, but has a weird, raspy, tinny sound:(

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like shit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Than shit it what i like to hear. Have this setup and i am quite happy with it. Removed the tips however. They work like a kind of megaphone which i don't like and i also don't like the looks (too much space between tips and body)

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky. I blew the baffles out of my stock muffler on initial start up. Made this crazy matalic pinging sound.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

marylandspeed

Banned
Reaction score
It will make the stock sound louder..not really change the tone much. When you decide to buy, call us @ 443-730-9428. We are one of the largest Kooks and SW dealers in the country, and can really hook you up!