Headers & Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into putting headers & exhaust on my 6.2 supercrew. Does anyone know what brands I should look into to get the maximum HP increase?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Kooks, Stainless Works and American Racing Headers are all three good brands (Kooks and SW are more popular and easier to find for this truck). The horsepower difference between these would be relatively small, if measurable.

OP
OP
Hocker52

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THX Kaiser. Another thought I had is to just get the Hennessey 475 package. Will probably go with Hennessey.

Frivol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hennessy's 475 is nothing more than the same thing as ordering headers, exhaust, intake, and tune. I'm just saying it can be done for half the price that Hennessy charges and yes this is for the mail order package, to have them install it is another 3k if memory serves me right.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I would check out FastLane here in Houston. They can install the exact same stuff (headers, CAI, tune) for a lot less.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much HP increase (and torque) is reasonable to expect with upgrades of headers, cat-back, CAI, and tune?
Has anyone actually done a stock vs modded dyno numbers?

OP
OP
Hocker52

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Hennessy 475 is 7K installed. With the numbers I was finding on the headers/exhaust/CAI will be about 4K not too mention Installation and tuning. I will check them out Kaiser. I would like to only spend 4K with the stuff installed, but the more I look I don,t think its possible.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
The Hennessy 475 is 7K installed. With the numbers I was finding on the headers/exhaust/CAI will be about 4K not too mention Installation and tuning. I will check them out Kaiser. I would like to only spend 4K with the stuff installed, but the more I look I don,t think its possible.
You could install yourself. Headers would be the tricky part as you may have to lift or rock the engine (if I am remembering correctly). The rest of it would be pretty easy and you could drive it to get the tune.