Ford Racing Exhaust Touring

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I wanted the touring model even though it seems the sport model is more popular and I did see the write up to get the Sport so you can try both options. Still wanted to stick with the touring. I watched this youtube video and was more than satisfied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvbQM7GEr24

So I just ordered tonight from AMP Performance for $1092.72 with free shipping. Part number I ordered is M-5200-F15R145C

What would be a fair price for a shop to install?

I'll post some videos when I get it for anyone that is interested in the touring model.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not install the catback yourself?

It's very straightforward and not very difficult at all, especially with all of the write-ups and documentation floating around on the message board/youtube, etc (unless there's a medical issue preventing you from doing the work ?).

Wouldn't pay a shop more than one hour of labor if you have to farm out the job, IMHO.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted the touring model even though it seems the sport model is more popular and I did see the write up to get the Sport so you can try both options. Still wanted to stick with the touring. I watched this youtube video and was more than satisfied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvbQM7GEr24

So I just ordered tonight from AMP Performance for $1092.72 with free shipping. Part number I ordered is M-5200-F15R145C

What would be a fair price for a shop to install?

I'll post some videos when I get it for anyone that is interested in the touring model.

You know that the product in the video from CJ Pony parts that you listed is the Borla sport system. What you have coming from Tom will be the touring , the C denotes touring on the end of the part number, L denotes sport,

Your will have the resonator mid pipe instead of the straight pipe as seen and heard in the video. Just to be clear.

Here is a pic of my sport number.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 66

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch the video at 5:03, it shows the mid-pipe while he's tightening down the clamps. There isn't a resonator on it. That's the only difference between the sport "L" and touring "C" models.

I understand the video show touring and he says touring but the proof is in the pudding when you watch the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
bobbyva is right, video shows no resonator - hate when they do that! mention its one part but show another. that's a damn nice system and i've been back and forth between that and stainless works and their headers. damn decisions! i wonder what the difference in drone levels is between the two.

you should be able to install it yourself, just get the ass end of the truck high enough to get the stock unit out and you'll be good to go!

robnfl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The installer even says this, "Ours was a pre production kit. If you want to delete the resonator go with the sport version", when asked "is that a custom res delete pipe? i'm looking at this for a 14' supercrew and didn't see a resonator during the install...though when i look up the part, there is a resonator."

It does sound good though!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Oh well, I will stick with the touring, no biggie for me.....I think....