Exhaust sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robywatts

Reaction score
I'm looking to put exhaust on this week possibly this weekend and I'm tired of looking at videos and sound clips of different brand mufflers and setups...personally I don't think the clips do justice on sound. I'm debating on just replacing the stock muffler with an after market one and deleting the resonator and keeping the stock tips, so my question is what muffler to get? On my 03 5.4 I have flow master...that wasn't loud enough so I put cut outs on and am pretty happy with that. I'm looking for an exhaust sound around a 5 On a scale of 0 being stock and 10 being monster truck...Monster truck may be a little extreme but you get the idea. Thanks for the input!

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@robywatts I just installed the Volant exhaust system on my 6.2 today. I ****** LOVE IT! I had previously just replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow. I left the rest of the stock pipes, just swapped the muffler and took the resonator out. I had the small sized magnaflow for the most volume. I did like it for a little while, but started noticing the drone and wasn't all the way happy with the rumble. I wanted more.

I came across Birdman's thread on here about the Volant exhaust and once I heard his sound clip, I was SOLD. It's quite a bit different than the Magnaflow. All for the better I would say!!! So first of all, it is quieter at idle than the magnaflow was...but once you floor it (WOT) it sounds soooo ****** mean. Birdman called it right when he said it sounds like a Harley at WOT. Soooo mean!

I'd say the magnaflow was alright, but once I heard a real system...the magnaflow kinda is like a rice rocket exhaust...load when you don't want it and not that great at WOT. I feel like I graduated with the Volant to a higher level.

People brag up Corsa and I'm sure it's nice. I'd probably say it's the safest bet BUT it cost over a grand. Volant is actually owned by Corsa-so you get very similar quality-full stainless and similar tone but I think even better with the Volant. If I were to recommend an exhaust to an older guy-I'd probably say the Corsa. But for a younger guy who wants an aggressive mean ass sound...I'd say go Volant and save $500!!!

I notice you said you did a cutout on your last truck. I also put in a manual cutout pipe just before the muffler so that I can have the option to just be stupid loud when I'm feelin frisky. Just another thought for you.

Hope this helps your decision.

Last edited:

DeltaFox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@robywatts I just installed the Volant exhaust system on my 6.2 today. I ****** LOVE IT! I had previously just replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow. I left the rest of the stock pipes, just swapped the muffler and took the resonator out. I had the small sized magnaflow for the most volume. I did like it for a little while, but started noticing the drone and wasn't all the way happy with the rumble. I wanted more.

I came across Birdman's thread on here about the Volant exhaust and once I heard his sound clip, I was SOLD. It's quite a bit different than the Magnaflow. All for the better I would say!!! So first of all, it is quieter at idle than the magnaflow was...but once you floor it (WOT) it sounds soooo ****** mean. Birdman called it right when he said it sounds like a Harley at WOT. Soooo mean!

I'd say the magnaflow was alright, but once I heard a real system...the magnaflow kinda is like a rice rocket exhaust...load when you don't want it and not that great at WOT. I feel like I graduated with the Volant to a higher level.

People brag up Corsa and I'm sure it's nice. I'd probably say it's the safest bet BUT it cost over a grand. Volant is actually owned by Corsa-so you get very similar quality-full stainless and similar tone but I think even better with the Volant. If I were to recommend an exhaust to an older guy-I'd probably say the Corsa. But for a younger guy who wants an aggressive mean ass sound...I'd say go Volant and save $500!!!

I notice you said you did a cutout on your last truck. I also put in a manual cutout pipe just before the muffler so that I can have the option to just be stupid loud when I'm feelin frisky. Just another thought for you.

Hope this helps your decision.
*********. Every time I read one of these posts about the volant I want it. I was on the fence between the volant and an mbrp turndown and I think the volant with the res delete is what it's gonna have to be.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*********. Every time I read one of these posts about the volant I want it. I was on the fence between the volant and an mbrp turndown and I think the volant with the res delete is what it's gonna have to be.

Your welcome?!?

Youll love it!

@AbnMP13 I don't have a sound clip cause I don't have a YouTube account and all that, but @BIRDMAN 's video is very accurate on the threat that he started, "NEW Volant Exhaust + Corsa Res Delete - Vid and Pics".
Also, @ANDR3W linked to his Facebook video and that was also a big help and very accurate of daily driving.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

robywatts

Reaction score
Thanks for the info very helpful.. I was looking at the volant and flow master super 10 or just doing cutouts.

ANDR3W

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You won't be disappointed!