Exhaust Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gatechgolf

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Bought a Raptor this year and am so obsessed with this truck and all things Raptor I spend most of my days thinking and looking at things to do to it. The FRF obviously helps with that. I am pretty new to all this so bare with me.

If I wanted to increase performance and add a little extra sound (little more than stock) could I just get headers and would they fit the rest of the stock exhaust system?

What would be the HP gain?

I have seen people say on here that I would need to get it tuned if I do get headers. Is that correct?

Thanks

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you can get headers and use the stock exhaust, but you won't...b/c you'll just want to change it out later. i've been through 4 exhaust changes before i just went with a custom setup. i have stainless works headers so it worked out great, good sound, not obnoxious but still mean...

in terms of a tune, there are several threads detailing the differences from some of the major tuners on there, really a preference thing when it comes to tunes. but, it's a must with headers or you'll run lean. that and you'll throw codes left and right...the header install is a bitch, i did it and had it actually recently redone by a shop. you'll be looking at upwards of $1k or more for an install.

headers, exhaust and tune, you'll notice a definite difference in performance, driving manners, shifting, exhaust note, etc. definitely worth it IMO...cost does add up though...

OP
OP
gatechgolf

gatechgolf

Reaction score
you can get headers and use the stock exhaust, but you won't...b/c you'll just want to change it out later. i've been through 4 exhaust changes before i just went with a custom setup. i have stainless works headers so it worked out great, good sound, not obnoxious but still mean...

in terms of a tune, there are several threads detailing the differences from some of the major tuners on there, really a preference thing when it comes to tunes. but, it's a must with headers or you'll run lean. that and you'll throw codes left and right...the header install is a bitch, i did it and had it actually recently redone by a shop. you'll be looking at upwards of $1k or more for an install.

headers, exhaust and tune, you'll notice a definite difference in performance, driving manners, shifting, exhaust note, etc. definitely worth it IMO...cost does add up though...
Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

I want to get it SC at some point so it sounds like it might be a good idea to do all of it at the same time.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No problem! From what I hear 1 7/8" headers would work best when SC, but, the supercharged guys may be best to ask on that front.

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want to go SC'd then the larger primary headers are best.

You can still run to the stock cat back if you want with LT's if you want. I love my LT's. And if you do go with Cats then you can run with the stock tune, but if you don't run cats you will need a tune.

Stainless works and American Racing Headers are the two best options for LT's. I went SW's for the performance connect setup that connects to the Lightning side exhaust I also ordered from them.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You don't necessarily need a tune but it is definitely recommended.

My recommendation would be SW headers, Corsa Exhaust, and an SCT X4 with 5 Star Tunes.

Shoot me a pm if you are interested and I can get you a personalized quote or we can discuss some other options.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where are you located in NC? Check out National Speed. They are a Stainless Works dealer and can do the install for you, plus set you up with a custom tune.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

RAFFLE IS TONIGHT. GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!
$500 gift card to Freedom Motorsports
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=796727

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, I'd go with Rookie's recommendation on the corsa, I had it, sounds awesome and no drone...

Sent from a creepy white van with no windows...

OP
OP
gatechgolf

gatechgolf

Reaction score
Where are you located in NC? Check out National Speed. They are a Stainless Works dealer and can do the install for you, plus set you up with a custom tune.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

RAFFLE IS TONIGHT. GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!
$500 gift card to Freedom Motorsports
WIN A $500 Gift Certificate!!! - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

I live in Raleigh. Thanks for the info. Will certainly check into it. I have a great family friend who has a place on the beach at Oak Island. Awesome place. I have played golf at St. James plantation quite a bit.