Exhaust Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having trouble choosing which exhaust system I want for my Raptor due to something that most wouldn't consider a factor in choosing which one.

I know which system I like the best as far as sound, fit, and finish goes Kooks, but its flaw is the dual tail pipes come out the rear on each side of the spare tire and that is not what I want. I want the tips coming out in the factory location as it has the best look on the Raptor. I also don't want to mix and match parts as you get the best flow using the same stuff from the same company in my opinion as they have done all the dyno'd research for you. I don't mind the true dual exhaust its just the parts I want to use only come out the rear as its their only option. Another company that has the entire exhaust system from headers back is Stainless Works which I have never used on anything and don't know much about them plus their exhaust sound is not in the top 3 on my list. I will use a complete system over having a custom shop make it every time as you know it already fits with zero issues.

The Magnaflow sounds better on the Raptor then I thought it would and the Borla chambered one also makes my top 3. Seems there are so many to choose from for the Raptor and I get a headache just thinking about it.

You wouldn't think exhaust tip location would be a deciding factor... also and I do not know this but if I ever decided to really upgrade the suspension on the Raptor would the dual exhaust out the rear by the spare tire be in the way of suspension upgrades? I have no clue so I'm asking now before down the line and learning shit you can't do that??

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like my sw in person is always better then speker sound. I don't think out the back would make a difference they both go over the right axs

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything that goes over the diff will eventually get in the way if you do serious suspension upgrades.

If you want to keep the factory tail pipe location...just cut out the resonator and muffler...add in a Magnapak...and Bob's your uncle. The factory system was designed to flow well and changing out the muffler and removing the resonator can only really improve it.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck either way.

OP
OP
39Mustang

39Mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I agree and not saying I'm doing serious suspension upgrades but if I did then what my exhaust is in the way... you never know once you get that bug

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything that goes over the diff will eventually get in the way if you do serious suspension upgrades.

Over the diff, I guess that's true but why would anyone route their exhaust over the diff? It's not true if you go over the rear axle. Unless by serious upgrades you mean a 4-link. If you dump or go over the rear axle, it just follows the frame lines and it's out of the way of any suspension travel.

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ironhorse07 thanks for the mention.

The exhaust that I make edits before the rear wheel for a few reasons:)

Give a call with any questions. 760-877-4234

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the diff, I guess that's true but why would anyone route their exhaust over the diff? It's not true if you go over the rear axle. Unless by serious upgrades you mean a 4-link. If you dump or go over the rear axle, it just follows the frame lines and it's out of the way of any suspension travel.

Factive; By "over the diff" I didn't mean over the center section...I meant anywhere over the rear end...like the stock set-up....and by "serious upgrades"...yes...I meant 4-link. Anything else is not "serious" it's just "upgrades."

There is a reason why trophy trucks, pro-2's, pro-4's, SST's etc. all exit before the rear end, diff, axle...whatever you want to call it.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dirty Deeds. Single tube exit lightening style exit before the rear wheel. Looks good. Easy to install. Sounds awesome!!! No drone......

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Give MRT a call. Based on your handle, you may or may not have heard from them. Exhaust exits in stock location, and I am very happy with the sounds a quality