Exhaust Advice - Looking for low rumble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chartquist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace stock exhaust on my 2014 screw. Looking for a low, throaty, gutteral sound with no drone. Not as interested in the high frequency raspy sound. Thinking that the Borla/Ford Racing Touring versions might be a good choice, but recently the Dirty Deeds stainless steel side outlet exhaust has caught my eye. Seems to be really well engineered, simple, and no drone. Added bonus would be shaving a few pounds and not having the big exhaust outlets behind the rear tire to collect debris. Oh, and it's half the price.

Thoughts? What else should I be considering?

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen great things on the dirty deeds setup. I have the AFE machforce xp, i was looking for same out if a new exhaust and i really like the afe. Plus its super easy to install yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very happy with mt magna flow. cut off at rear axel so limited debris and no drone at all and any RPM

OP
OP
C

chartquist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know about AFE. What's the cost ballpark? dual outlets?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

CAraptor, did you keep the stock resonator with the MF? How is it with the rasp?

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know about AFE. What's the cost ballpark? dual outlets?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

CAraptor, did you keep the stock resonator with the MF? How is it with the rasp?

I got it from chris at freedom motorsports, i think it was around $475, its a single outlet. It hooks right up to the resonator. Literally no drone with it and its deeper and sounds much better than stock when you get on it

c4b8fb8ac9f0d2e02a028aa8604bd631.jpg

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got it from chris at freedom motorsports, i think it was around $475, its a single outlet. It hooks right up to the resonator. Literally no drone with it and its deeper and sounds much better than stock when you get on it

c4b8fb8ac9f0d2e02a028aa8604bd631.jpg

We might have a special running on AFE right now as well.

The Corsa is going to get my vote 9/10 times. Especially when coupled with SW headers.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

never_summer

Reaction score
I got the diamond eye 3.5" catback. Not much louder than stock but I like it. Chopped it off right after the axle because I have the bedsides dovetailed. I use to have just a straight pipe coming out the side with only the resonator, and damn was that thing annoying. Wasn't too loud but the noise at the back of the cab was almost like having drone. Think the cab doesn't have good enough deadening for something that close